The Lure Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Report from the Yokohama 2010 Tackle Show

Here is Jun Sonada’ report from the 2010 Yokohama Tackle Show. For the ones who don’t know Jun let me tell you his Japan Tackle was more or less the first vendor to export JDM tackle to abroad, and both myself and many other collectors have a lot to thank him for.

http://www.japantackle.com/TackleShow2010.htm

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The show is well worth visiting just so one can say hello to the Duel girls :shock::shock::evil::evil:

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Cheers for the link Vidar, the new certate is def worth a look, the spool looks very shimano though?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Thanks Vidar. Shame the report was mostly about the big names (Shim & Daiwa) when I guess there were loads of manufacturers of reels & tackle we're not fully aware of, but still, a good read.

Two things made me smile:

1. "[FONT=MS Pゴシック]Duel ladies smiling, passing out catalogs. These two chicks are the champions in the show"

[/FONT][FONT=MS Pゴシック]"The only effort was shown in the booth below, carp fishing. The booth exhibits European style carp fishing, supported by Daiwa, Shimano and some other bait sellers. We have traditional carp fishing, but it is considered not much cool, associated with old man, waiting for fish bite from day to night"

I knew bass fishing had dropped a lot in Japan and the anglers were going more for flounder, rock fish etc etc, but I didnt think it was that bad.
[/FONT]

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I knew bass fishing had dropped a lot in Japan and the anglers were going more for flounder, rock fish etc etc, but I didnt think it was that bad.
[/FONT][/FONT]
Just to be clear, when he is talking about bass he means large mouth or black bass, and not their sea bass.

Large mouth bass is a non-indigenous species to Japan and despite the fact that bass fishing was huge, and they still have a serious competition trail, there has been a concerted effort to eradicate it from many waterways. This combined with the negative press largemouth/black bass have received has kick-started the decline in fishing for the species and the consequent tackle sales.

Japanese sea bass fishing however have grown considerably in popularity, which is why the giants such as Shimano and Daiwa have put so much effort into extending their tackle ranges over the last few years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts