The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will sort a proper catch report and pics out tomorrow, but I've just got back in from my very first LRF session.

28 pollack nailed.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mevagissey Luke. I think I could have caught a few more if I'd had some more kit with me. Quite a few fish around. Will go down again next week if you fancy it.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol, will do tomorrow mate. Fished for 2 hours, so not bad. Wasn't quite as easy as it sounds, but I must have been doing something right. Good fun!

·
Registered
623 Posts
hey ben tons of fish right under my nose!!! Off the harbour wall right? Bet thats the first LRF hit at that mark anyway. Any other guys there? Did anyone see the skills and start drooling? I fished a new spot at Fowey river mouth this evening and looks right up your street would be glad to show you in exchange for some LRF advice. If you are coming down next week would be well up for hooking up maybe try and get down early I finish work at 3 so we could do some spot checking and then hit meva have been pondering if I could justify the spend on some LRF gear but it would be great to see it in action. Will PM you my mobile if you wanted to meet up next week.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Holy Cow, Ben! That's just plain greedy if you ask me. Can't wait for the report...

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey ben tons of fish right under my nose!!! Off the harbour wall right? Bet thats the first LRF hit at that mark anyway. Any other guys there? Did anyone see the skills and start drooling? I fished a new spot at Fowey river mouth this evening and looks right up your street would be glad to show you in exchange for some LRF advice. If you are coming down next week would be well up for hooking up maybe try and get down early I finish work at 3 so we could do some spot checking and then hit meva have been pondering if I could justify the spend on some LRF gear but it would be great to see it in action. Will PM you my mobile if you wanted to meet up next week.
Sounds good. Send it over and we'll do a bit of exploring.

Silverfish and cfish from WSF were fishing out by the lighthouse. I walked out and spoke to them for a while. They then followed me back inside the harbour. I caught another 3 inside 5 minutes while they were watching. Think they were impressed!!!!!!!!! Silverfish even had a few casts, although didn't catch.

Must get up and sort the photos.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Finally, Ben gets off his arse and gets his tackle wet !

I'm so pleased you've got out there and done it. Lets have a full and proper report then.

So, now you know these fish are there, get that bl**dy depressing Mike guy out there with you and let him catch some fish LOL.

It's all about getting out there m8. Told ya.

Don't expect it everytime mind.

btw, that is 29 LRF points and I think... the current record for a 1 man session. I'd better check though.
No, you ain't getting a medal. They start at 30.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL, I know! Been talking about it for weeks as if I actually knew what I was doing.

Darn it. Could probably have fished for another 30 seconds and got myself a medal ;-) It started to rain so I decided to pack it in. In all seriousness, if I'd had some even lighter tackle with me, had taken the vib baits AND bothered with dropshotting (50% of it ended up being fairly vertical), then I'd have caught a ridiculous number of fish. Will save that for next week with Luke. Although the tides will be different, so we'll see. Nothing over about 8oz mind. Just sorting report.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts