Resources for SW angling | Page 2 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Resources for SW angling

Discussion in 'Lines' started by {name}, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Pollock

Mark,

Here is what you do :) :) :)

Firstly, you complete the purchase, but NOT the payment. Secondly, you email the vendor / eBay shop in question and ask them to send you a Paypal invoice with the amended shipping cost, which you then of course pay.

This is how I have done it dozens of times and it works perfectly.

2. Striper

Yep, there's actually a button somewhere there to 'requst invoice'. Using that, you don't even need to write anything to explain. It just requests the invoice with combined shipping.

Once or twice I have had situations where they've actually been out of stock of things I have bought, but getting a refund for those items has always been automatic and straight back to my bank account. The seller can refund money pretty easily. If you ask for it I'm sure you'll get it straight back.

3. Salmon

Thanks chaps, the seller has indeed just refunded the postage costs back. I will just do the invoice request next time to save hassle.

Now to wait for my special pieces of plastic to arrive! Oh the suspense...

4. Tarpon

I was wondering what experiences people have had of ordering from Japan ? I've currently got a parcel of lures sitting in the local Parcel Force depot waiting for me to pay £27. Is this normal, or luck of the draw ?

5. Pollock

Yes, if the value of the products are over £18 you are liable for import duty/VAT and also the dreaded £10 admin fee that Parcel Force has the nerve to charge. Because PF make a lot of money from the admin fee they are very keen to collect the VAT thus making it difficult to avoid it.

Note that import duty/VAT is charged on the combined value of the goods and the shipping cost.

6. Pollock

7. Vidar you must qualify as the Forum's biggest Tackle Tart just for going to the extent of finding all these sites...:shock::shock:

Thanks for the info.. [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Pollock

Me a tackle tart :shock::shock::shock: No, that can not be correct :wink::wink: :mrgreen::mrgreen:

The thing is I like as many alternatives to choose from as possible and am more than happy to share my knowledge.

9. Pollock

Late yesterday afternoon just as a test I placed an order for a few lures with Pro-shop Miza and I have this morning received the shipping confirmation including the tracking number :clap::clap:

10. Pike

Vidar for a novice when it comes to ordering stuff online i just wanted to say thanks for a brilliant resource it also makes it much easier knowing most of you guys have used these sites and have had no problem :)

11. Pollock

Thanks Vidar

You just saved me asking a question that had already been answered.

12. Pollock

My new Pueblo Hancock lures arrived safely in less than 4-days - you can't wish for more :clap::clap:

13. Pollock

Vidar

Many thanks for your info & links. Im now the proud owner of a Daiwa Certate 3000 2010 model from Digitaka. What a deal £250 including delivery!

Regards

14. Pollock

I'm glad you found it useful!

15. Plastic Fantastic

I was looking for some 'stainless' gear to modify my Sakura waist pack and also some 'coiled' lanyards for Boga etc and I used a shop called www.watersportswarehouse.co.uk
    The service was very fast,Ive never bought anything from a propper diving shop before and as a total non diver I was amazed at the gear that they have that would suit our sort of fishing etc.
    The post was very fast and I got everything within a couple of days.

16. Pollock

17. Tarpon

This list really is scary !!! :shock:

Just so very handy though :D.

18. Pollock

Our two newest bass tackle retailers plus a great number of UK retailers that predominantly are aimed towards freshwater predator angling have been added to my list :jump::jump:

19. Tarpon

20. Careful Vidar he's catching up to you..........:wink::wink: