Resources for SW angling | Page 3 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Resources for SW angling

Discussion in 'Lines' started by {name}, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Pollock

You have obviously not seen my tackle room..........;-);-):mrgreen::mrgreen:

2. :shock::shock::shock::shock: I don't think even Si has a tackle room..........Yet ....;-);-)

And even Nathan's budgie smugglers didn't look big enough to compete with that.....:-D:-D

:oops::oops::oops: I know...sorry Nathan....:wink:

3. TLF Admin

Vidar will always be the main man Tackle tart extraordinaire, :p Simon is like the wizard Merlins Apprentice....... :-o The Tartlet :rofl:

4. Pollock

:lol:
    ....................:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5. Nice one Bob....I'd never thought of Simon as a tartlet before.....will never be able to think of him as anything else now..............:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6. Tarpon

Im happy with being a Tartlet :D. I aspire to having a Tackle Room :wackit:, long way to go yet :p.

7. Salmon

8. Pollock

9. Salmon

Cheers Vidar,
    That puts my mind at ease.
    Many thanks

10. Salmon

Order received, on time and correct- TackleUk seems handy for reels and bits and bobs

11. TLF Admin Staff Member

12. Sprat

13. Pollock

TLF Community Team - please move this post if you deem this the incorrect thread to post this post in.

I don't normally post this sort of thing, however after what happened to me trying to buy two spools of 300m 47lb YGK Castman, & two spools of 300m 47lb YGK Jigman, I thought I would warn all other members of this.

Shimreels on eBay list some items in such away that you can be charged for postage for multiple buys of each item. However they also list some of these items so you cannot complete your purchase (checkout) without paying for it. Their own postage guide says US$18 per 1/2 kg FedEx and yet on two 300m spools of YGK Jigman it's says the same however only charges you for one postage. The pitfall I have found is that unless you purchase the item, (which in this case and many other Shimreels listings you cannot do), then ask for an updated invoice, Shimreels will charge you postage for each item, and they will not refund postage afterwards.

If if the whole transaction had gone through Shimreels were going to charge me US$54 to FedEx 4 spools of braid!

In my case they are now saying they don't have the 2 spools of 300m of 47lb YGK Castman. So I have told them to refund the money, which has hopefully (still awaiting refund), resulted in me being refunded the price of the two spools plus the 2 x postage charged.

Update: Shimreels finally saw my point about the postage and refunded US$36. I have also now been fully refunded for the two spools of braid they did not have in stock. It was a result, but a hard slog via email.

• Like Like x 1