The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all have a right to fish the sea as long as we show it respect, take our rubbish home don’t keep undersize fish, treat other anglers both shore and boat as we would like to be treated, show courtesy to other sea users and be safe then we can all have a good day doing what we all enjoy.

We moan about our overseas residents who leave rubbish keep undersize fish and try to push us of our chosen mark when we were there first make things dangerous and generally make a pest of themselves, until we move away or end up in a huge argument and tempers flare.

On Saturday whilst fishing in the yak with a newbie around the end of La Rocque gutter which was busy with boats and yaks all plugging away with no problems keeping our distance from one another apart from the shouts to see who catching what until the one idiot with a boat turns up who decided that he did not want yaks fishing his chosen area and proceeds to see how close he can get to a yak at full speed, the wake from a small power craft passing a yak with in 10 feet at 20 plus knots is not my idea of fun let alone a newbie , this incident has given him doubts about taking up the sport

Result is that one idiot can ruin it for all, no new yak sold, no new rod and reels, no new plugs, no stopping at the shop for munchies etc.

I repeat that this was a one off incident but we can all see that one idiot amongst all the boaters out on Saturday can tar all with the same brush.

·
Registered
323 Posts
we yakers have the same problem here get his rego numbers of the boat and report them if he has a skippers ticket like we do here fined or ticket is pulled tillthey can proove they are resposible anouth to hold one we have had afew yaks cleaned up . no police out there so you have to report or nothing will get done till it's to late
pete

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Report him: he's aT1T. I have a boat, but I always try to put myself in their shoes; I wouldn't like to be waked by a boat at any speed. I hope it hasn't put your mate off.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
That's a shame to hear. It's a big sea with room enough for everyone. I agree with the others - take the boat name/reg details and reoprt him to the Harbour Master etc. He needs to understand it's more than just anti-social, it's down right dangerous!

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
There are a lot of decent respectful anglers that fish the SE coast. I shouldn't imagine it'd be too hard to find out who that was though, as a lot of the guys know the other boats in the area. Its normally the tits in a wakeboard boat with music blaring that are the worst.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Total agree with the other guys, report and any others like him. explain to the newbee that this was a 1 off and he should be ok with that.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Report him to the local harbour authority, report him to the police, and if you managed to catch sight of the boat club he may belong to, then report him to them as well!

One of those times you really wish that you could fit some kind of long range speargun to the side of your Kayak!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jy No.

If you want you could pm his JY No.and i will have words in the morons shell-like or pass it on to the coastguard via internal email.

MR. BROWN

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have tracked the culprit down who had no JY number, the boat was a gift for his 25th birthday along with the 4 track to tow it, had a chat explaining the error of his ways he will now amend his way and look forward to still being able to go boating on his 26th birthday

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Nice one Zirg!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Was he insured? You cockleshell heroes put your life at risk enough without needing to face the chance of being mown down by someone who hasn't got a pot to p*** in.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
No disrespect whatsoever meant to the original cockeshell heroes of WW2 of course.

·
Registered
227 Posts
" Have tracked the culprit down who had no JY number, the boat was a gift for his 25th birthday along with the 4 track to tow it, had a chat explaining the error of his ways he will now amend his way and look forward to still being able to go boating on his 26th birthday"
Who else? nice one Graham!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Personally:
I'd report it.

I also think that every boat owner should be licenced to prove competence.
Then, like on the road, if you disregard the rules of the sea....

You know the rest.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Wonder what the insurance implications would be on that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts