The Lure Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will start this thread with the last fish caught At 2 1/2 lb Taken on a Z Claw right under my feet Scrappy little fight What surprised me was the Gill Net that was stitched through its body I had to cut the net before i could remove it Quick photos and she swam away quite happily 5 Bass in total caught on a variety of lures 2 on a Z Claw including one not much bigger than the lure

Attachments

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
nice work marq you sure know how to catch . well done on the net removal to

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Marq, Well done nice session there, and great job getting that bass free

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Top man Marq....nice fish!!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Well done on saving that fish.

I have seen too many bass with net damage, quite often to the jaws as they get them stuck in meshes when they get bigger.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Well done for freeing the fish. It's amazing how fish can recover from things. I'm more interested in how it managed to get a bit of net stuck to it?? Surely it didn't break the net away from a bigger gill net so did some s** cut it out of a gill net when it was tiny and just leave the net in it? Not good and shows the damage which can be done by nets.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Andy Was a bit strange because the net would not come out of its body as a knot was stopping it either end Once i cut the mono i simply pulled the mono through It was literally like it had been stitched in and knotted either end Quite a bit of net was left trailing Must have been annoying to the fish

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one mate. Weird to see the net there. Nice release job!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Hi Andy Was a bit strange because the net would not come out of its body as a knot was stopping it either end Once i cut the mono i simply pulled the mono through It was literally like it had been stitched in and knotted either end Quite a bit of net was left trailing Must have been annoying to the fish
My guess would be he got tangled and the net cut quite deep when it was younger and the flesh/scales have since re-grown over the top. Just odd to have got away when obviously badly "impaled" suggesting he was cut free at the time of the incident???

·
Registered
991 Posts
I know what I'd like to do with the gill nets and the ¥€+$%>+ that use them! Well done for sorting that one out mate, must of been a real satisfying feeling! Top session!!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice one Marq. Take it you didn't fish Whitsands? Or had the water cleared?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Hey Si...only just noticed...is that you in your sailor suit on the high seas in your avatar?????:shock::shock::shock:

Did you try the Scopoderm then??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts