The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not fishing the competition but have recently started fishing this area. Fished it Friday and today and managed to catch 9 Bass to 4lbs, 11 Pollack and 2 Wrasse. Caught off the top to mid water.

Visibility was mixed but generally not great

Most exciting event was watching a huge Bass would like to say it was a double but cannot tell - it was certainly the biggest Bass I have ever seen follow my lure to about 3 feet away and then disdainfully flick its tail and b***** off. :|

Happy to be bribed for detailed knowledge!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nick, now if I had a boat, then the bribe would be on it's way.
Good to hear about you getting some bass, And always good to hear about a big bass, even if it didn't hang around for photo op.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Super news just ahead of the Weymouth comp! Well done on the fish!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Nice haul Nick..... Be careful of Simon's bribes....don't take any foreign money take the payment in lures cos he's got loads........:wink:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
No Jon.... I thought that was just the Crocs......:wink:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Great news Nick. Your boat certainly seems to get out and about. I will have to keep a look out for you but as I am usually home by breakfast that's unlikely. Like you I am unable to take part in the bass fest. Wouldn't be fair really. Seriously though family takes precedence but I might see some of you on one of my early sessions on my top secret beach on the Sunday.

Fishing has been pretty good in August apart from the unusual lack of mackerel close in chasing whitebait. It's the first year I have noticed this. This morning was the first time I saw any but the mackerel were few and far between as were the bass. I did manage a 6lbs+ fish last weekend though that went like an express train. That said we had a family mackerel trip at Abbotsbury tonight. Very few fish though we did see someone take two sizeable bass further down the beach. I would have stayed longer chucking an Xlayer into the dusk but the boss said no.

Nick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts