The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all the stuff I've been reading about peoples recent LRF sessions, I've been chomping at the bit to get out and try it. Not picked up the necessary tackle yet, but thought I'd pop out with the lightest and smallest gear I've got.

3'' Big Hammer, 3g jig was as light as I could manage. Not ideal, but had just enough feel through my rod to detect knocks and taps and then hooked into this monster!!!

Hardly bigger than the lure! Now that's just greedy!

Was missing loads and loads of bites, some of which felt completely different to the next. Can't wait to sort the correct bits out, scale down the lures and have a bit of fun. Great to get out after work for an hour, wouldn't have time to go for a proper Bass session but this is perfect to let off a bit of steam.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Matt,
Well looks like another member has caught the LRF bug. A whole winters lure fishing is now open to you.
Well Done.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
nice one matt, thats reasurring i only have 3 gram heads at the moment and the small stuff so i have been thinking of a little wander down to a pier mark to try this out and see what happens on the weekend.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Niiiice!! Good work mate. Proves that it should be worth me getting up there next week.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Just remember, they won't all be small and the more you progress and get away from the 'obvious' under the light zones, the more lure patterns and catch rates will differ.
We had Pollack to 5lb and Bass over 7lb on LRF gear this year so BE READY.

well done though and there ain't no going back now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts