The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick one as i am on my phone. Had a quick hour this morning. still cold but not as bad. had a purple senko eaten, just an inch left of it. landed a scrappy 3-7. had a few others but only small. off out again to try and get a placing behind young Luke once the inlaw duty is complete

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
had a nice one myself earlier Andy. real tough going though, super clear, cold water and my rockfish had 1 green eye and 1 red ?

3 days left.

I'm out Tuesday and at 11:59:59 on Wed Dec 1st, it's all over.

2 seconds later, its game on again.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went again this afternoon and had another 6 fish but the best was around 3. Didn't weigh it. Trip was cut short as i'm a wuss and the sight of some impressive fork lighting less than half a mile out and a wall of white under deep black clouds had me running for the van with my 7ft lightning conductor kept very much horizontal!!

Small one
2811RockieSm3.JPG

About 3-0, this afternoon, hard to judge size but there's a whole X-layer somewhere down it's throat...

2811Rockie3-0.JPG

Tiger fish??!!

2811TigerRockie.JPG

Spotty Bob v2

2811RockieSm2.JPG

The 3-7 from this morning...

2811Rockie3-7.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Nice one matey. B.E.A.utiful looking fish there! Was a little warmer than yesterday eh! We were fishing in that lightning too but that was nowhere near as scary as our walk back up from the mark lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
Done well again m8 - nice to have a selection of colours!

I was out with K + K today and just as we packed up at at the Jeeps, I seen the forked lightning strike an look like it hit guernsey!

That wasnt wishfull thinking, but kinda glad it wasnt over us ;-)

I only had one fish on an off quick and a few bites 2day!

* For the record Keith caught a nice big pig about 2 hrs before the lightning , and believe us we knew 4 sure it was the only one caught that session ;-)

It was a nice one tho and as keith said it had very diff colour eyes, not seen that before!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I seen the forked lightning strike an look like it hit guernsey!

That wasnt wishfull thinking, but kinda glad it wasnt over us ;-)
One strike hit a reef about half a mile straight out west from me. That was close enough!! Didn't even finish the cast proper, wound it in at full tilt, packed up and went. Was a good scramble across open slippy rocks with me as the only high target for quite a distance. I watched it a bit when I was back at the van and it went down our west side and then the lightning started again between Alderney and the casquets.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great fishing again Andy, stunning colours on the Wrasse :clap:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts