The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was supposed to be a trip for a bass the other evening but it was too calm and they have gone off our radars the last week or so, not sure where they have gone but I have a very good idea and there's little that lure fishng can do about it.

Anyway, I had some smaller softs with me and my latest hot out the mould football heads with hooks down to a no 2 meaning I could hook up with the smaller rockies which I had been missing with my previous 2/0 hooks.

First fish came on a baby feed shallow and hit like a train, swore it was a bass at first.

The next 4 came on a DOA CAL Shad in purple on a 1/8oz (3.5g ish) head with size 1 hook, bumped and constant retrieve.

Various colours but all the same size.

Rockie1.JPG rockie2.JPG

Hopefully the bass will come back on soon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Andy, great looking fish again :-D

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Well done.

Bass may have gone off but....

You adapted. That was the whole point behind HRF and LRF. The ability to catch what IS in front of you.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Nice one Andy. Thats the beauty of it. None of this moaning about there being no Bass to catch, but getting out there and nailing what is there!

I have found I have been making minor changes to tactics when out on an SP session, where I switch things and kind of subconsciously target Bass, Pollack or Wrasse. Only needs to be some minor tweaks with practically the same gear, and bang, there is 3 potential target species! Love it.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, the big crossover lure for me is the senko or other stick bait, shaky jig and there's wrasse, bass and pollack on the cards.

Fish for what's there.

LRF gear next time and hope grand daddy wrasse doesn't come out and play, but the gear is capable, just a case of playing it right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts