Rod and Reel suggestions | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Rod and Reel suggestions

Discussion in 'Tackle & Tips' started by {name}, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Blanker

Hi

New to the forum and also to lure fishing.
    I have been looking at Rods and Reels the last week or so aswel as everything else to do with lure fishing.

Looking to buy a new rod and reel this week as i only really float fish and recently got back into fishing.

I have been looking at:

Shakespeare Ugly stik gx2, 6ft 4-18g
    Daiwa Ninja Spinning Reel 2500A.

Would this be a good set up to start out with as i will be targeting Perch but enough if i got the odd Pike by mistake.

Open to suggestions on other Rods and Reels as i am still looking. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.

2. Mullet (foul hooked)

Can't comment on the rod but have the reel.

It's very nice and light and smooth but after a week using it from Chesil Beach it started getting stiff and needed stripping, oiling and regreasing. It's running great again after that and in freshwater I don't think you'll have a problem.

Mine is really well matched to a HTO Nebula 7-35g.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wrasse

I don't know anything about the ugly stick but for the money the HTO rockfish rods are awesome.
    Another £13 or so but I can guarantee it will be a much much better rod for perching.
    If it was double the price it would be a decent buy.
    The 3-12 is £39.99 here but free delivery and and 15% off that with code BFD15 makes it £33 delivered - absolute bargain.
    https://www.tackleuk.co.uk/Shop/RodsSpinningJerkBaitRods/HTO-Rockfish-Rods.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blanker

Cheers Ed, Thats good to know. Going to get the ninja reel.

The Hto rod looks a decent rod so think im going to go for that. I must of missed this rod while looking. The reviews have rated it really good and seem to have found more info than the ugly stik i was looking at. Cheers Izador

Thanks for the help now i should have a nice set up for abit of perch fishing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1