The Lure Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a rod to fish lipless crankbaits in the 10 to 30 gr size.got a quantum 240 but want something to cast the 10 to 30 gr size.told a stiffish rod is best to work these plugs.pay up to £100.any idea,s

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
looking for a rod to fish lipless crankbaits in the 10 to 30 gr size.got a quantum 240 but want something to cast the 10 to 30 gr size.told a stiffish rod is best to work these plugs.pay up to £100.any idea,s
A stiffish rod is only required, or indeed necessary, if you plan to work your lures hard and for straight retrieve lipless crankbait techniques I personally would choose a rod with a slightly more regular action every single time.

A faster or stiffer rod is a good compromise though as it will allow you to fish jerkbaits, soft plastics very well and straight retrieve crankbaits pretty well.

If you are after more of a all-round rod within the price range you have stipulated you won’t get it wrong by buying one from the Savage Gear Bushwhacker XLNT or Sakura Rookie range of rods.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Maybe missing the point here, but what's wrong with the QEB? I've got one and would happily cast 10-30g with it and it seems to have plenty of backbone.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Yep, I'm inclined to agree with Jeremy for now, Pete. Give them a go on your Quantum first as you'll probably find you don't necessarily need another rod, if you're targetting Bass. Vidar is right of coarse, about the action though and you may find that if you did want to buy a second lighter rod, something like the 7' Bushwhacker would give you a rod that did all of the lighter stuff pretty well, and could be used for Wrasse etc as well if you wanted to give that a go.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I'm another one who reckons the QEB 240 is a good all rounder and should cope fine with the type and weight of lures you have specified. I also use my son's Bushwackers and they seem better suited to slightly lighter lures.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replys,im looking for a rod that would be ok for the lower end weights to.i have crankbaits from 14 gr also some soft baits(weighted shads )around the 10 -12 gr size and the qeb feels a bit ofer the top for the smaller size.mr fish does a Cormoran ITO Crank 240 10-30g and the bushwacker at 7ft 10 -30 gr seems ok.ill probs go for one of these two.would the bushwacker cope with a 25gr crank if needed?
cheers--

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I think everybody should own one of those rods! Cracking little bargains. Looking forward to getting mine bent into some more big Wrasse this year

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Bargain! :horsesword:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.