The Lure Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I popped up to see an old friend today to drop off a couple of Tenryus that the eyes need re-whipping. I usually do them myself as I am quite picky about the finish on them. Whilst I was up there he showed me some of the stuff he has been doing. Far too much time on his hands I recon, but you got to admit this is pretty special. His rod building is a work of art, I mean the guy is the perfectionists perfectionist. Every strand is platted round the rod, it takes about 20 hours to do one of these whippings.

He didnt want to let me take them home but I promised him I just wanted to take some pictures to show you guys, gotta return them in the morning. He can do any picture you want, your signiture, logo, anything. I see a Mr Fish logo going on my plugging rod next year.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Looks like absolute top quality work,
Got to love the yellowfin tuna and the bass chasing a lure. A massive amount of love and work gone into those.
Dare I ask the cost??

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tunny said:
Looks like absolute top quality work,
Got to love the yellowfin tuna and the bass chasing a lure. A massive amount of love and work gone into those.
Dare I ask the cost??
Well he hasnt really done it with money in mind, kind of glad for the practice if you know what I mean, so he has been charging about £100, but in reality if he was doing for money he would be looking at about £250-£300 I recon, so as you can see its more a hobby than a money thing. He does get a few people getting things done though, the cartoon girl in the dress was for a pool cue I believe, that was the practice run before he did the cue.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I have seen whipping of a similar quality on custom big game rods from the US, and if memory serves, the costs started at about $500 and went swiftly upwards.
Beautiful work, when I find my perfect rod, I may have to try and get in touch. Got to try and surport guys that can produce work like that.

·
Registered
379 Posts
WoW!! they are fantastic, love the Gar, really is great to see quality work like that. Thank him again for letting us see them, thanks ****.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Amazing!
I reckon the garfish one was for Danny Le M, except that the float is way too small :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts