The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure yet but might be going back to Rost in the Lofoten islands. Just wandering if there are many interested in going.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Yes Steve.

It is all boat work Si, with the odd harbour thrown in if you have golden ones ;-)

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I'd be well up for it. The only question mark for me is the fact that i aint a great sailor.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
To be honest it is a fair few quid so if you aren't sure about being on the water it would be a real gamble.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
theres always the plaice fishing for those who don't want to go offshore on choppy days.

·
Registered
340 Posts
what is the average cost for this trip?

incl tackle , travel , spends etc ?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what is the average cost for this trip?

incl tackle , travel , spends etc ?
LOTS & LOTS!

will post details on new thread in next week or so. Bookings will be direct with the camp, not through an outside company. Flights paid for individually.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Steve just had a call from Mark I am interested to go again.

At the end of last trip I said I would leave it a year but there is still so much ground to fish and so much much more potential. Plus I still have loads of fishing tackle left

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We will be dealing direct with John who owns the camp & boats(the guy who lends his car to us). With the exchange rate being better & no middle man (wildwater) the price per boat & cabin is £2000. £1000 each for 2 anglers, £666 for 3, £500 for 4. Flights from uk about £300 return, C.I. £450. Bodo rost ferry £35 return. Taxi's etc £30 pp. Rod tubes 15 pp. Boat fuel £250 per boat. Hotel oslo £85.

Working on 3 to a boat the travel costs = £1215 pp from uk. £1365 from CI.

Spending money depends on your beer intake. If you like a good few scoops take £500, that should cover a couple of nights on the lash,your food & a few extra bits of tackle.
If you don't drink tooooooo much £300 would do, especially if you like eating fish.
If your Welsh 5 grand might cover it!

Tackle, you need far less than you think. I will do a post later on this.

Reactions: Nathan Bell

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Si,
If you suffer from sea sickness take a look at these Scopoderm TTS patches. I have used them and found them great. Although one user of the attached reviews didn't like them, if they had menniers they probably should not have taken them in the first place. I can only say they have worked for me when I used to go wrecking off Whitby.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews104917.html

Reactions: Simon L

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Working on 3 to a boat the travel costs = £1215 pp from uk. £1365 from CI.

Spending money depends on your beer intake. If you like a good few scoops take £500, that should cover a couple of nights on the lash,your food & a few extra bits of tackle.
If you don't drink tooooooo much £300 would do, especially if you like eating fish.
If your Welsh 5 grand might cover it!
:rofl: We better budget for 7 grand then Steve :p

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
If it's out of term time I'd be up for it! I went Skjervoy 2 years ago and LOVED the place, it'd be great to go again with lighter gear as well as the Saltist 40 and roller-ringed rod! Still got all the pirks and big shads in a bucket under my bed! Lol!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Rob, not sure when for sure yet but will keep that in mind. Think only 2 people took pirks last time, was mostly rubber shads & eels.

When does term time end next summer?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Friday 15th of July for me. If I'm ruled out, if anybody wants to borrow any gear for the trip please just ask!

I spent most of my time with a 6ft spinning rod and an Abu baitcaster multiplier and had great fun jigging a Toby spoon, that's how I got into this damn plugging addiction in the first place!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts