The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i met my mate john early this morning to go out in the boat to try for a bass.john is ex commercial and did charter boats for years so he knows his stuff and the area very well.when we met up and looked at the sea he said to me thats a bit snotty pat now when john says its snotty its bad.we have been out 4 times in the last week and all of the trips were rough so we jumped into the boat and off we went.we had to go across the bay into the calmer estuary and we tucked away for a while hoping the sea would settle a bit.so i put up a z-claw and had a few casts and quickly was into a fish just over 3lb followed by another fish just under 3lbs and all quiet then.time passed and a few follows but no hook ups later we decided to head home.now we were hoping the sea would have settled but no chance of that.the tide was racing out and a stiff southerly meeting it made it really dodgy but the new rib took it no bother at all.the last boat i had was a seahog and i would not think about going through that situation but the rib is very beamy and safe as houses.so we got back in one piece nice and easy but after all the rough trips this week im broke up so i think ill head out on foot in the morning.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Pat, good fishing in poor conditions, stay safe though :-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts