The Lure Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a new rod for the very light stuff and come across the above. Apparently brand new for 2010. Just wondering if anyone has used or got one and has any opinions of the rod. Alternatively any opinions on this range of rods (also do an 8' and a 9'), they're rather cheap but within the RT range of gear there's some very good bits of kit along with some rubbish aswell. Just wondering which category these fall into.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Not being funny, but that is VERY cheap for a rod. £30!!! If it seems too good a deal...

Would still be very interested is reading a genuine review from someone on here who knows his onions where rods are concerned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have used these guys before. Not bad. Got a Bushwhacker off them plus a load of Savage lures on and off. The rod took a wee while to get to me but all was good. Lures normally in a few days. Came across a review on the Tyran on another forum, can't remember which one, and some guy was raving about the lift, however no mention of how the rod actually performed.
At that price I may get my wee lad one! Cheers for the heads up on this!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have just ordered one for my wee lad and some Savage Lures (for me! Teehee! Can't resist 'em), will let you know how I get on! BTW the guy said they only had 2 left so if you want one I'd suggest get your skates on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got my wee lads Tyran on Friday and thought I'd check it out first! :) First things first it looks the biz and feels solid. Nice reel seat and all the trim is nicely finished. Extra large guide from the handle.
Casting was nice with good distance on the lures I'd also ordered.
Had a good hour of practise before we eventually got a bite. Not the biggest fish I've ever caught but it gave me a chance to play it. The rod behaved really well and without the softness that some of my older rods have.
Anyway, my overall impression of the rod is that it's been well worth the money!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.