The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I'm pretty sure Callum or Richie got some to try out. I've not heard how they have done though - will be interesting to see.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I picked some up from Mr Fish. Again, not tried them yet though. They are similar but different (if that makes sense). I'll try & give them a blast in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have orded a pack of these to try...Will give them a go this weekend to see how they compare to Xlayers.
Will interesting to see more feedback on them by the more experianced SP users.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Yes, I also ordered some a while ago in two sizes and colours, they seem more durable than X layers or Hart Absolut's. I have yet to try them out and see them in action, might get a chance in my local fish scarce Dublin spot tomorrow!

Walter

·
Registered
716 Posts
Had a bunch of pollack on them when I was in Ireland recently, they seemed to work great - going to give them a thrash for bass when I am next over there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I picked up several packets of them from: www.peche-lure-evolution.com where they were dirt cheap. I have tried sizes 130, 150, and 180 with the 130 being the most successful so far. The 130 seems to me to be more flexible in the water than the 180 and I used them with the canelle articulated heads. Wrasse seem to love them and yeah they don't get as battered as the Xlayer. The down side so far is the have a really strong aniseed flavour so all the dogs in the neighborhood are sitting waiting at my back door before I go fishing!!! Or after a days fishing coming home smelling like you've been hugging a bottle of Pernod!!!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I picked up several packets of them from: www.peche-lure-evolution.com where they were dirt cheap. I have tried sizes 130, 150, and 180 with the 130 being the most successful so far. The 130 seems to me to be more flexible in the water than the 180 and I used them with the canelle articulated heads. Wrasse seem to love them and yeah they don't get as battered as the Xlayer. The down side so far is the have a really strong aniseed flavour so all the dogs in the neighborhood are sitting waiting at my back door before I go fishing!!! Or after a days fishing coming home smelling like you've been hugging a bottle of Pernod!!!
I got these through the post today and I can see why you rigged with the Canelle articulated heads,tried one with a 3/0 & 4/0 normal jig head and the presentation does not look right for some reason but rigged with the articulated head and a 3/0 and it,s fine,could be the extra length of the hook and head clip makes the hook sit better in the lure,will have to wait and see over the weekend when I put them to the test to see which weighting method is best when there,s fish about.

They also stink!

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Any chance of a pic with standard and articulated? I still haven't really used articulated much at all and am quite curious!

·
Banned
792 Posts
Hi Simon, for germany it is "only" 14€ for shipping 14 snoop packs (2,50€ each) ...
So it depends on how many you need, I think. Collecting some more packs together with some friends makes shipping cheaper for me! The shop around the corner wants 6,50€/pack...

Cheers
Thomas

1 - 20 of 23 Posts