Sale and usage of lead weights? | Page 2 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Sale and usage of lead weights?

Discussion in 'Tackle & Tips' started by {name}, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Pollock

You are correct mate makes no sense but that's the legal standing now have it in writing that as jigheads are not mentioned and their construction under section 2 of lead pollution act makes them legal.
    The angling trades association has stirred it all up and running with it. I'm merely pointing out the legality for joe public as no one knew where we stood.

2. Snapper

Interpretation is nine tenths of the flaw. :ugeek:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pollock

Sadly interpretation isn't going to fly against prosecution. I did say roughly tge same and the answer I got was simply the law is rather clear. But do as you all please ;)

4. Senior Member

Talking of daft people stirring up daft laws, I remember a few years ago, some Dr something or other found an old law from 1950 something banning the sale of live fish at shows, it was meant to stop the giving as prizes of Gold Fish at fairs, fete's etc.
    Unfortunately this bloke stirred up so much trouble in trying to get clarity on this law, that I might add no one knew anything about, that the buzzy bodies wrote to every local authority in the UK and stopped the sale of fish at all Koi shows in the UK due to possibly harming the fish, now to my mind, if you are going to be paying up to £100,000 and possibly more for a Koi, you are sure as hell going to look after it and not let it come to any harm whilst transporting it from one place to another.
    I am not sure if anything has since been done about this law as I have not attended a koi show for years now.
    But as a warning, it all started in a similar way, you put an old law on the authorities radar and very soon they are strictly enforcing it, until such time many years have passed and they forget about it again.:sad: