The Lure Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not caught many Bass in the past 2 years of sea fishing but something that struck me was I've stood on the same spot a number of times and caught Bass on 3 different lures. Not amazing by any means but they were the Zonk 120; Ima Honey Trap 95 & Kiddy Sidewinder 28grs. Very different to each other indeed.

Can anyone put their hand on heart and say they have stood on the same spot (different times of course) and caught Bass on many different lures? Do we have a high number anywhere?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
guess so Andy. There's one point in particular where I probably caught 30 or 40 bass from last year. Had them on anything from xlayers hard on the bottom to speedily wrenched shallow divers. And everything in between. Probably caught on about 10 different lures on there I reckon, maybe more even.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Good point, Andy. I think when the bass are "on it" then it simply doesn't matter what lure you use. Last season my lad had three fish on 3 different (curltail shad, chugger minnow, Maria Chase BW I think) lures in close succession and the rest of us all caught as well - so 8 fish on maybe 6 different lures in one short session. That said, the water was thick with whitebait and was being smashed up onto the rocks by mackerel and bass, so you could have caught using anything!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts