The Lure Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early start this morning reached the mark at 06.20am, Expected more wind but pleasently suprised to be met with a 6mph sw, put on the frosty and worked the water hard, had several boils and one failed attempt from bass but no takes continued for a while but the same, decided to change to a sammy 100 white/yellow my old favourite on the 2nd cast confident fish no messing hit it hard, fish on!!

Superb fight a nice plump fish at 3lb 20z and 50cm length, continued with the sammy moving up the mark to were the water is shallower chucked the sammy out as the lure hit the water from about 15 yds away from the lure, came a speeding bass fin out the water determined to get that lure nailed it, and a spirited fight resulted in a 36 cm fish, not massive but full marks for a spectacular take the speed that fish hit the lure was superb. Continued this time with the frosty and had 3 other fish but very small, called it a day at about 9am, by this time the wind was increasing and the fish werent playing ball. photos to follow.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nice session Michael,
Always nice to get to the mark and find a bit less wind than forecast.
Frosty is a favourate of mine, love it when I need a noisey bait. Sammies are a lure I have yet to get much results from. Classic lure -looks great in the water. But Frosty/patchinko/z claw/spooks produce way more takes.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[/IMG]
Early start this morning reached the mark at 06.20am, Expected more wind but pleasently suprised to be met with a 6mph sw, put on the frosty and worked the water hard, had several boils and one failed attempt from bass but no takes continued for a while but the same, decided to change to a sammy 100 white/yellow my old favourite on the 2nd cast confident fish no messing hit it hard, fish on!!

Superb fight a nice plump fish at 3lb 20z and 50cm length, continued with the sammy moving up the mark to were the water is shallower chucked the sammy out as the lure hit the water from about 15 yds away from the lure, came a speeding bass fin out the water determined to get that lure nailed it, and a spirited fight resulted in a 36 cm fish, not massive but full marks for a spectacular take the speed that fish hit the lure was superb. Continued this time with the frosty and had 3 other fish but very small, called it a day at about 9am, by this time the wind was increasing and the fish werent playing ball. photos to follow.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Beautiful fish - pristine. Cracking top water session!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts