The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fished Sardinia. Going there for the first time in September for a week wit da missus. Wasn't sure wether it was worth taking my gear or not.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Stayed in Alghero bout 5 years ago in October. Caught plenty small Mullet,Bream & Wrasse from the marina.Diving i saw Barracuda,Giltheads,White bream,Sole,Red mullet,Grey Mullet,Wrasse & Bass. But the highlight was on a boat trip to some caves,only about 200 yards to starboard the water erupted as a shoal of large Bluefin Tuna started hitting a bait ball of sardines, birds diving in Tuna crashing the surface what a sight! I showed the skipper my 15g telescopic rod & asked if i could have a go. 5 years on i can still remember hearing his laugh as if it was yesterday!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha....... now that would have been fun fishing Steve.

Thanks for the info mate,!! looks like it will be worth taking a rod and tackle of some discription,
May be even look to see if they do boat fishing trips.out of where we are staying.
Thanks once again

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Where are you staying, i know a couple of other guys who've been there, might be able to find out a bit more.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Steve

Staying Santa Theresa right up in the north, Look like they have a nice marina up there. Also looks like nice ground to fish from the shore if I dont get a boat trip.

Thanks for the info Pedro

That is one good lookin fish. I don't think I have the tackle to cope with anything like that, ......what tackle would you use for that type of fishing ? Just in case I can find some extra money hidden under the mattress :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts