The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was looking like the only chance that i would get to fit a session in this weekend was a sunrise session this morning, so car loaded, everything ready, moderate beer consumption friday evening and alarm set for 3:45.
I was planning to fish my local beach, but when arrived there was a lot more water there than i would of liked.
Good to be there anyway & a couple of fish showed themselves.
Nothing came to a selection of different surface or shallow lures so as the sun got over the horizon i thought i'd give a yellow / white (Bob's) Patchinko a go over the weeds. on the second run through it produced a swirl & after a try on a couple different lines I hooked into a small to mid size fish which dropped the lure after a brief tussle.
With the flood tide filling the bay i decided to another mark.
Next spot was looking better and i carried on with the same lure over weeds. had a couple of shows of interest and soon landed a fish of around 2lbs.
Things slowed up then so switched to a small Feed Shallow and hooked another smaller fish.
I was feeling pretty good at this stage, but had no further interest.
After a few lure changes i hooked & lost another fish to the Z Claw.
So, although i never like loosing fish i was pleased to have made conatact with a few and especially pleased that the change of location payed off, something that i need to more of rather than persevereing with non productive spots.
Home at 7:30, job done, back to bed for a couple of hours and am now sat with a mug of fresh coffee with a stupid grin on!

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
nice session there ... better than lying in hey!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Jez!

·
Registered
150 Posts
it's great feeling going out having a go then coming home to get on with the rest of the day knowing that you've been out fishing this morning and the rest of the world has it's nose up it's arse
well done
col

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Jez, well done :-D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts