The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wotcha
I'm heading out tomorrow evening over high tide 8:30 ish, planning on going to the undercliff east of Brighton. Anyone fancy it? Also has anyone seen the state of the water along there recently, I'm assuming this week of northerly winds will have cleared it out. And finally is the car park at the top of the cliffs behind the marina open again? Last time I went by it had concrete blocks up to keep the gipsies off.
Thanks for any info, and hope to see someone there, probably get down about 7
Mike

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Hi Mike

I will check with the boss and get back to you. I missed last Sunday through injury (!!) so keen to get out again. The car park is not open as such but can fit 5 - 6 cars so should be fine at that time of night. Havent been out lately so dont know what state the vis is like but winds here have been northerly for the last few days so should be clearing. Hopefully Dave will spot this and respond as he usually knows everything!

·
Banned
891 Posts
I'd love to but unfortunately will not be able to make it.. Was down there yesterday from low up, water heavily coloured for first 20-30 metres at low, possible to take fish at range but nothing close... Murkiness goes around high tide so it's fishable but fish still were at range... I think the car park you're talking about is the same one I use and yes it's open...

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Hi Guys,
I had a look down by the pier this afternoon, water like crystal right to the edge, still blowing northerly, so water should still be getting clearer and clearer. Will be fishing very close to there tomorrow morning over the high (06.06am) before moving on to a low water mark. Andrew/Andy/Mike is you want join me and Cliff (fishing partner) just give me a shout tonight-for where to meet.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies it all sounds positive. Unfortunately I can only fish in the evening got the kids all day cos my wife's working. If you do the morning we can compare notes.
Mike

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As you might have guessed from the non posting I blanked. Got out 2 hrs later than I planned and realised I'd looked at the wrong day's tide and high had long gone. As it was 8:30 I opted for a shorter drive and walk to a beach not so far away as the undercliff, the place I met Dave and Andrew a few weeks ago. Nothing showing and the tide was well in to the ebb so after an hour I retraced our steps to the mark where Dave had his success. Again no joy after an hour and there was a group of worm danglers on the wall so couldn't get on there, called it a night.
Aside from just being there, positives from the session are that I'ma bit more used to plugging in the dark; night fishing suits my commitments and time available for fishing so I want to get the hang of it. Still abit wierd not being able to see a topwater lure so struggle with confidence on them at night but I'm sure under moon or streetlight it's got to be a method worth pursuing.
Also I got a bit more feel for the soft plastics, another new thing for me.
Mike

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Mike,
Fancy hooking up for a bit of evening plugging later in the week?? Fish through from last night into darkness, and see how it goes.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave
Love to hook up, far too many blanks this year. Meeting would be good too, but I'm busy every evening until Friday or Saturday this week. Either of these any good for you?
Mike

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Mike,
Friday looks good for me, will have a look at tides/weather etc.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dave
Just had a look, weather forecast for Friday is dry with sw wind not too strong. High tide 11:50. Relistically I won't be out the house til 8 which gives a good few hours. Just a matter of where.
Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts