The Lure Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,does any one know where i can get my hands on some small savage eels in white.no one has them in stock in ireland.veals dont have white,cant find them anywhere please help.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi mike,without dought i find white the best but have caught on all coulours.i use white in the night and it seems to do the trick,also in day to.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
do you guys know the glow white is glow in the dark?

I like the one with the purple stripe along its flank ive done quite well on it during the day!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
These are excellent lure to use from a boat, had a go with the 42grm one last year on a offshore sand bank for Bass, used a slow lift and drop technique while maintaining contact with the bottom, I have not tried them from the shore yet, would have to buy the lighter head I guess to do that lark.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Gary, the 23g jig head that comes with the smallest of the eels works fine from the shore, albeit you have to crank it back a bit sharpish over the shallower areas, but the fish don't seem to mind. I've also caught fishing it 'sink and draw' style with fish taking it on the drop.
The only problem at the moment is that i've only got one of the pearly white eels left and everyone seems to be out of stock until January, hence my eel now is more superglue than eel!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hi Dave, yes i gave them a call yesterday and managed to get some of the middle sized eels in the 'glow white and dots' colour but nothing available in the smaller size until January. Local tackle shops here in Plymouth seem to be in the same boat as well with little or no new stock expected until the new year.
Thanks for the thought though.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Andy,
Would a Xorus Sayouri Shad be any good as a replacement tail, until you can get the Savage bodies. They are a little longer, but might get you through to Jan.
They are on MrFishes site if you fancy a look.

Reactions: andy cottam

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
whats the story with savage tackle lads?why is every shop in ireland and uk out of stock of eels,if i could make them id be working around the clock to get them out on the shelves.when i do get hold of them i will get enoph this time to last me years.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
is that the glow white with dots or the real pearl that you do well on/cheers
real pearl i think is best,the glow white has caught me fish but not as good as pearl.im fishing an estury at night these eels just hammer bass.had a small codling on pearl white in dark ;low water estury in 4ft of water.lol

·
Registered
894 Posts
whats the story with savage tackle lads?why is every shop in ireland and uk out of stock of eels,if i could make them id be working around the clock to get them out on the shelves.when i do get hold of them i will get enoph this time to last me years.

Have you tried here mate http://www.tackledirect2u.co.uk/cat_132_Lures-and-Plugs.php not all the stock is on the web site but you could give them a bell on 01481 244665. They are opened till 9pm tonight, i know they had some savage eels in stock a couple of days ago when i was in the shop HTH :)

Or maybe here http://www.fishingmegastore.com/savage-gear-salt-water-sandeels~6412.html :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts