The Lure Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering what these were like or if anyone had used one yet. I'm in the market for a shorter rod around 7 or 8ft.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
just wondering what these were like or if anyone had used one yet. I'm in the market for a shorter rod around 7 or 8ft.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Andrew,

Not had that model but I have bought 2 other rods in the Savage Gear range and I find them superb, and good value for money.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Has anyone got, used or had a wiggle with a Savage Gear SenZora rod?

I can't find any UK sites with details so can't even find a price. Just looking for a SP rod around £50 that I can stick an exage 3000 on for 5 - 20g max, sp's.

Cheers.

·
Banned
792 Posts
James: asked **** already?

I could get you a new Savagear Senzora 2,51m 7-25g here in Germany for GBP80 incl. shipping in a transport tube to UK Mainland. Maybe **** can do it cheaper cause shipping is so expansive from germany?

PM me if you are interested.
Cheers
Thomas

·
Registered
932 Posts
No mate, I hadn't asked him because I would like to find out if anyone has used one yet before buying one. It looks like no one has though.

Replied.

Thanks Thomas.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Never even heard of that one, James. Lots of people (my son George included!) like the 10-30g 7' Bush Wacker. Keith has been using these for their exploits in Jersey as well and I have to say it is terrific for the money. Light and strong and casts well. George has the knack with soft baits and this rod seems better with them than the 8'6" rod. He has paired it with a Shimano Exage 2500 reel which balances beautifully. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Yes it does, cheers Tim. The one I was looking at though can handle 5g lures which is why I preferred that option, otherwise I was just going to plump for the bushy.

Thanks for the help mate.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
If you have read the catch report from 'Takeshis Castle', I was using the 10-30 BW there, and would say it handles lighter than 10 quite comfortably. I was using 7g and easily detecting bites, even from the massive height we were fishing from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts