The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if and where I might be able to get savagear rod replacement sections? I stupidly overstressed one of my 5-piece roadrunner travel rods and wrecked the tip section and spigot and so I need to replace the top 2 sections.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Adrian, I recently sourced a tip-section for a 2009 Bushwacker from Svendsen Sports in Wales - the importers I think (can't recall the contact details, but Google them). Very helpful. Can't praise them highly enough.

Reactions: Adrian

·
Registered
741 Posts
I will be interested to hear how you fare with Svendsen. I contacted them a month or so ago regarding a new tip section for a Bushy to be told they couldnt help as all the spares are now held in Holland

·
Banned
792 Posts
jep, to my knowing for the price of a new tip as a spare part you can actually buy a new rod. Might have changed but a few years ago it was like that with my savagear butch.

Pressing thumbs for you
Thomas

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks, i've already ordered a replacement (they're great rods) but would like to be able to repair the broken one so then i'll have 2 spares!

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I have a few of the Savage Gear rods which I use for Pike and Bass. About a year ago I had a query and found Sevendsen Sports/Prologic UK useless, they didn't even respond. However, when I contacted their head office in Denmark it was a different story and they were extremely helpful, with the Savage Gear Brand Manager/Designer getting back to me and answering all my questions in detail.

So if you have no success via the Savage Gear website contact page you might try sending an e-mail to [email protected].

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Adrian, can you put a detailed photo here of the damaged part?

Cheers
Thomas
Here it is. I dont think it's repairable, needs the top 2 sections being replaced

still no reply from Svendesen, I'll call them this week, then try the Swedish ones.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a few of the Savage Gear rods which I use for Pike and Bass. About a year ago I had a query and found Sevendsen Sports/Prologic UK useless, they didn't even respond. However, when I contacted their head office in Denmark it was a different story and they were extremely helpful, with the Savage Gear Brand Manager/Designer getting back to me and answering all my questions in detail.

So if you have no success via the Savage Gear website contact page you might try sending an e-mail to [email protected].
Thanks, I'll try that if i get nowhere with the UK peolpe

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was at Garry Evans shop the other day (buying some waders on offer) and was told that the Scierra distributor (also the Savage distributor) who were locally based in Cardiff, closed up and moved back to their HQ in Denmark. Garry Evans bought up a lot of their stock such as Scierra waders and Savage rods and that's why he can do the low prices on some of that stuff. Anyway, this could explain why dealing with the UK distributors had not been working.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Svenden sports in Cardiff have just moved offices and don,t seem the have sorted themselves out yet. They were still there on Wednesday last week when i spoke to them on the phone but it took a while for them to answer. It may be worth trying to phone them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts