The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you just use the scales on your Bogas, or do you use a seperate pair of scales to weigh your fish. I use a pair of Reuben heatons, excellent scales!! just the size in my backback is the downside. I also use Rapalas digital and spring balance type, i find these good as well.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Do you just use the scales on your Bogas, or do you use a seperate pair of scales to weigh your fish. I use a pair of Reuben heatons, excellent scales!! just the size in my backback is the downside. I also use Rapalas digital and spring balance type, i find these good as well.
Hi Michael

One word springs to mind............ Accuracy. I would continue to use your existing scales, but to get an idea of their accuracy get an item ( or a few) that you know the weight of and try it on your scales. This should give you a good idea of their accuracy without spending alot of money of decent scales.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I use the rapala digital ones (the slightly more expensive ones that are marked as waterproof). they weigh up to 50lb in 1oz increments. Tip: to check they're accurate and calibrated, I always turn them on and hang them upside down from the hook. If they say "6oz" i know they're working properly.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I use the scales on my Boga (up to 15lb). I also carry a small pair of spring scales and a weigh sling if I want to get an accurate weight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts