The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I currently have a worn pair of Scierra CC4 waders, they have been pretty good and have lasted just over a season now but have lots of battle scars and starting to leak slightl. I have a £50 voucher for garry evans and was just looking at getting the Greys GRXi @ £169 then i noticed the Scierra CC6 are £100off at £149. Has anyone experience of how they rate against each other?

Need boots also and greys have 50% off the boots if you buy the waders. Then the decision is Felt/Felt with studs/rubber with studs. I currently have rubber with studs http://www.garryevans.co.uk/scierra-dynatrack-wading-boots-916-p.asp which have been good but other seem to think felt rule :)

What would you go for on this page http://www.garryevans.co.uk/fishing-waders-boots--accessories-48-c.asp?

Decisions decisions decisions!

Hywel

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Buy both H, you can't go wrong then ;)
I can vouch for the greys ones, but the braces won't last long! I'm a season into my Patagonia boots, felt soled, they are the mutts! THE best boot I've come across (I like some spikey ground too :))

Have you thought of a drysuit?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Daz, wish I knew that earlier bought the cc6 & the scierra dynatrak boots with studs again £200 not too bad really

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I bought the dynatraks first hywel but took them back before using them after hearing that the sole gradually separates from the shoe.It might be small talk but i didnt want to take any chances as the misses bought me them as a prezzie. cheers daz

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had a pair and they lasted me just over a year, I really don't look after my kit well so i don't suppose its not too bad. They don't really last that long anyway as the studs wear to the rubber and lose their effectiveness.

·
Registered
340 Posts
hywel,my local is selling grxi breathables for 99 quid.greys platinium boots for 55.cheers daz
who is ur local?

I thought the dynatrax where good when I first got them, but then realised the leather is slow drying and heavy to wear when wet, smells if not rinsed after use and then the sole started seperating from the upper.

Im still torn beetween snowbee xs pro and platinums .

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Ive got the cc6's. 18 months and still good. How you finding them, they seem a lot tougher than most I reckon. £149! You jammy ... I paid £249 last year for them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts