The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lads, we've all got them.... those scruffy bugger lures that have seen better days, rusty rings and hooks, and paint work thats chipped and hook scarred.
Do they carry on living in all the crap in the garage or do some come out for a refurbishment,
if the latter is it a quick touch up with the wifes best nail varnish,or something a bit more proffesional?

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
I am yet to get there Pete being new to this type of fishing, but if I have old or damaged lures left I will touch them all up :-D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Every year I go through my lure collection and change the rings and hooks as neccessary, never touched up yhe paint work. May be a good idea to change the colours of lures that dont catch as often as they should. Wifes nail varnish , may just work.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
i know what ya mean pete,its hard to keep things ship shape.ill sharpen hooks more this year rather than total replace.the jap trebles aint what they preach.even though i rinse my lures ive just been given bags of silicone crystals,so my boxes will hold a few.cheers daz

·
Registered
207 Posts
There's a business there for someone. Think, if you could post battered lures off to someone who could give them a professional finish, out of a good colour range and change the hardwear for about a fiver each. I'd have some lures to post off.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts