Sea Trout Metals | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Sea Trout Metals

Discussion in 'Metal Lures' started by {name}, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Pollock

• Like Like x 18
  2. Wrasse

They also have a load of youtube videos with underwater footage, I saw a load of their lures in a tackle shop in Denmark once and I regret not buying any :cry:

3. Striper

Very nice and a good choice too.I bought these 7g ima metals yesterday...hopefully sea trout will munch them.cheers daz
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. Blenny

Daz all I say is your on to a good thing with these, been using them over a year now and there great. I have mine rigged the same way too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Striper

Tom,music to my ears bud;).Im really going to put the effort in for the sea trout this year.How many patterns are there in this particular metal?cheers daz

6. Blenny

I know there's at least six or seven and you can get them in 7 12 20 & 40g and maybe bigger. There is a Ayu colour one with the yellow gills which is a great catcher. I found a slower retrieve brings out the best action or a nice jigging style will draw fish on a deep water mark. It really vibrates when falling on the drop. My top metal lure by far

• Like Like x 1
  7. Striper

Thanks for the info Tom...will do a search;)...cheers again,daz

8. Perch

I am also going to really give the sea trout a good go starting from next weekend. I decided to go for a more cost effective option when it comes to lures after quickly loosing a treasured Bass Day vibe bait on my last attempt. The metals I will be trying are from a Polish company called Spinmad and sourced the lures on ebay from here.

For the price of them I must say the quality is very good, just have to see what the results are now but I suspect they won't be disappointing :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Pollock

Another lure which is worth a look at is the "Hansen Silver Arrow", it has a nice Sand Eel profile ,it is available in different sizes and colours . I have bought 4 Silver Green 18g ones to try :-

[​IMG]

I bought these from lureshop.eu http://www.lant.ee/meriforell/hansen.html

The shop has some other interesting lures and are quite reasonable with their postage.

Gary

• Like Like x 3
  10. TLF Admin Staff Member

Nice find Gary. They only had 3 left when I tried to order, they're clean outta them now! :p

11. Mackerel

What is the silver one at the bottom?

12. Snapper

Re the Hansen lures Southside Tackle in Dublin did have a great selection including the Arrow and Stripper. As fans will know Hansen lures are really cheap too. Worth phoning Southside if you are really after some. Most of their stuff isn't on the website.

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 2
  13. Blenny

Rory

the bottom one is a IMA Gun they come in 7, 12, 20, 30g and maybe more. I love the 7g myself they cast like a bullet!

14. Mackerel

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

15. Striper

I think ill be paying a visit to southside this weekend cheers

16. Mackerel

Ps is that a decoy size 2 on the gun?

17. Snapper

Just phone them first if going specially Barry as it's a while since I bought mine. Henry used to do the Hansen strippers too. Not sure if they stock the Arrow.

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Tapatalk 2

18. Striper

Only 15mins away walter thanks been stuck in bed sick the last 5 days i need to get out of the house, kids,dogs,wife's children other dogs more children, wouldnt last long in the clink:bangin::bangin:

19. Chub

20. Pollock

I will let you in on a little secret about these elusive Sea Trout , you very rarely catch them when you see them leaping about around you. You tend to catch them early on in the season when they are leaving the rivers on their return back to sea and that's when they are hungry and hunting for food .These are normally "Spent Fish" and don't fight as hard as the "Maidens" who have not ran .The Miadens fight a hell of a lot harder than the Spent fish and you certainly know when you have hooked one of these .

• Like Like x 6