The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
sewin 2 pic.jpg Went out fresh water lure fishing for a change today as the flood waters were receeding and the colour was starting to fine. after 10 mins bang fish on, but it took me straight in to a snag, but after some shouting and swearing managed to get him out of the snag and on the bank 4lb sea trout. After another 2 casts bang fish on and this time the reel was screaming as the fish took off up stream like a train, after 15 minutes managed to get it to my feet and a fellow fisher man offered to net it, just as the net was going in to the water to land it the fish thrashed and shock its head and bloody came off, i estimated it to be between 8 and 10 lb gutted but the new lure i was testing proved to be shit hot but lost it after a few more cast next time will be taking more that 1 of them. photo to follow of the 4lb er which is for my tea tomorrow nite !!!!!!!!!!!:wackit::wackit2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Well done !

Good scrap then Dave ?

Only ever caught Sea trout with live Sand Eel many years ago by accident while fishing for Bass in the surf,never caught one with a lure even fishing in the same place.....Is there a secret lure out there ?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Keep us posted Dave about it,s performance.

Is it easier to catch Sea Trout in Feb & March with lures when they are returning back to sea, as I recall it was around March when I caught the Trout with bait.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Well if it helps on the river Neath ill have one now lol, been a poor one

·
Banned
792 Posts
try falkfish spökets for the seatrouts. Here in germany we catch a lot seatrouts on them. Also good are:

Hansen fight
Hansen flash
Falkfish börting
gladsax snaps
Fynbo wobbler

some you can see here...

They are used here with a really fast retrieve for seatrouts.

Cheers
Thomas

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congratulations and commiserations in equal order, nothing comes close to seatrout in UK waters! (contentious?) My best was a 5lb,er on the fly at night, can't say I played the fish , more the fish played me! Smallish sinking rapalas in a certain colour (?) were a hot lure on the Tywi for big spring seatrout, but would be easy for you to find out what's hot with the locals. If you were looking for a good book that covers all methods try Successful Sea Trout Angling by Harris and Morgan , www.anglebooks.com , I doubt that anything better has been published.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Keep us posted Dave about it,s performance.

Is it easier to catch Sea Trout in Feb & March with lures when they are returning back to sea, as I recall it was around March when I caught the Trout with bait.
Hi Gary, I find i get loads of seatrout when they first start coming into the rivers in late march here, tiny lures 2.5cm work well for me. then fly in summer at night

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Hi Gary, I find i get loads of seatrout when they first start coming into the rivers in late march here, tiny lures 2.5cm work well for me. then fly in summer at night
Thanks for the reply Brendan much apreciated,I had a hunch that the Sewin were about in numbers early on in the year and you have just confirmed this for me,I was thinking on starting on the second making tides in Feb.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts