The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Any advice welcome on what lures you would use to fish for sea trout and how you would work those lures.

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry - should have explained, it is a saltwater estuary, with a very fast current, and I would be looking at plastic or spinners

·
Registered
540 Posts
lots of options to try. flying c`s, irish minnows,devon minnows, rapala countdowns and floating in 7cm and 11cm sizes to name but a few!!! cast them square (12 o`clock) or across and down (1-3 o`clock) sinking raps, irish minnows, flying c`s etc can also be cast upstream to get the lure down to the reqd depth. fast deep water may require bouncing betty`s and devon minnows, or you could fish worm, prawn or even flies on this method. loads of options theese are just a dew proven ones!!!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Been spinning for Salmon and Sea Trout in Cumbrian estuaries since I was a kid, the smaller sized Abu Tobies in silver or copper always did well but now I've become more of a tart the Abu Tormentors or Press Bait Fusions do quite well. Medium paced retrieve with a "kick" now and again works for me.

·
Registered
519 Posts
try the float and jig techniques, using marabou jigs in 1/32oz- 1/8 oz depending on current, or colorado blade spinners under a float, faster the current larger the blade,

kev

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your replies guys, some advice i have been given off the forum is to use a Maria Viva Parade Lure, with a fast retrieve keeping the lure in the top 1 metre of water, with the occasional twitch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts