Seaguar Ace Hard knot? | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Seaguar Ace Hard knot?

Discussion in 'Lines' started by {name}, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Sprat

Hi all, I have just bought the sea guar ace hard in 15.4 lb break but I am starting to worry about what knot to my suffix performance pro 0.12mm braid?
    the Fc knot is really slick and tidy for the small guides on my rod but I was wondering if anyone has success using this knot on Ace hard of late? I read back a few past posts and saw that Seaguar might be too hard for the braid to bite onto :(
    Is anyone able to comment please? I might send it back ...

2. Wrasse

No need to worry. Works fine in ace hard.
    Just give it a bit of practice and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Sprat

Ah fantastic ok thanks for the vote of reassurance it means a lot.

Ive also read this flouro might not be the best for TPW lures as it sinks towards the lures front potentially spooking fish- am I over thinking this area too?

4. Pollock Supporting Member

Doesnt all fluoro sink? Have you thought about a clear floating Mono?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Guest

The difference in sink rate is negligible, also a retrieved line surely wont have chance to sink .

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sprat

Ahh brilliant ok then I'll likely try both mono and ace hard whilst I'm away week after next. Thanks for chiming in, I did panic a little last night since I'm new to the scene and feel like its easy to make purchase errors at this stage!
    Much appreciated,
    Mike

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mackerel

No probs with seaguar with the fg knot . A very good leader material. It is a quite hard flurocarbon so i put in about 15 or more turns/loops when doing the fg knot and ive never had it fail on me . I use 20lb ygk wx8 with the seaguar 15lb a perfect combo .

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sprat

Magic. Ive got a week or so to get that knot down before I travel to Dorset but the responses are as usual, on point.

9. Perch

If you don't get on with the fg the uni to uni works fine. Prob easier to tie after a break off.

• Like Like x 1