The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have heard it mentioned a few times but have never seen it in the flesh. Which one is the most popular, I am of course thinking of using it and if I like it I will stock it. Is the Red Label the one to go for?
The Tenryu Fluro is nice ****, no problems with it at all and it fixed my allbright Knots issue.....must have been the Verivas fluro I was using :)

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can now buy dark green flurocarbon for carp fishing? WTF?? I must agree the Tenryu flurocarbon is the best I have ever felt, but I have never felt the Seaguar see. I'm gonna have to buy a spool of each and find out which label I prefer, cheers for mentioning the blue one goes lower Iestyn.

·
Registered
540 Posts
just to confuse you even more ****, Seaguar also do the fluoro premier which has had some awesome reviews mainly because it has a much lower diameter for its bs.

red label 20lb 0.406mm

blue label 20lb 0.405mm

fluoro premier 20lb 0.370mm

not tried it though but if I can get a spool or 2 I will post my thoughts on it!!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Seaguar is, in my opinion, one of the best flurocarbon brands worldwide.

The best one I've fished, using it as a saltwater leader, is the Seaguar FXR, however it's expensive, but believe me, excellent.
Highly abrasion resistant and excellent knot strenght.

Most of the times I use Seaguar AbrazX as a leader, in spite of being made as a main fluorocarbon line, I find it very good as a leader, good abrasion resistance and much cheaper than the FXR or the ACE versions, which are dedicated leaders.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
And me...............
I have been using the one that Sportfish sell for several years,the only doubt I have is problems with the 'hinge' effect with longer leaders etc,this year I will be trying some of the softer flouro that **** has on the big spools.
The 'ACE' stuff that Seaguar make is very very hard line.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I don't rate fluro - only use it when it is gin clear. However, only really tried berkely and Vavarias. I just find it much to soft! Is there a stiffer one avaliable.
It won't be everyone's cup of tea as they're a total unknown unless you've carp or coarse fished, but I'm currently messing with the Drennan Ghost range of fluorocarbons. Its been very good stuff so far and they actually make soft and stiff versions. Both have their uses and the standard stiff stuff IS pretty stiff. Drennan do make some of the very best lines in the UK though. Often their diameters will appear to be above those of other makes for the same diameter's, but their diameters are normally very accurate and breaking strains are actually sold as knot strengths, rather than pre-knot.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I use the blue label hard version, the one with "super abrasion resistance" on the spool.
23.5lb 0.37 for most work and the 30lb .43 for really snaggy ground.
Haven't had it fail yet, stiff, but not overly so and very low memory for a hard flouro.
Cheers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts