The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
salmon 2.jpg

Hi guys if you read my last thread sea trout on the lure you will know i have been testing a new lure. I decided this morning to give it another go on the river just to make sure it was no fluke. Arrived at the river about 10am and started fishing straight away, after about 10 casts bang fish on, the reel started to scream and the braid was going up and down stream for about 5 mins then i managed to get him to the shore. The lure is proving awsome. 2 other guys fishing using flying c's and rapalas didn't have a touch then 5 mins before i had to leave to pick the kids up from school bang fish on again but after about 10 seconds it came off. Nevermind can't win them all but really happy with the outcome. will keep you posted on the lures performance.
:wackit2::wackit2::wackit2::wackit2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Fantastic Dave.......I'm sure the spies will now be out and about watching you....;-):-D

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Dave

Have you actually named this lure yet??????

We don't like secrets on here :rollineyes:

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Lovely fish there Dave :clap:, nice one !!

btw, i already have two of those lures ;).

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Beautiful sea-Trout Dave, Congrats on landing it, as you know hooking sea-trout is often only half the battle.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Dave, a super fish for sure. How far up-river are you fishing? I am keen to start fishing for bass and other fish further up from the estuary than we have been...

·
Registered
849 Posts
ahem, I'm sure you're all aware but for the benefit of anyone who doesn't coarse fish it's worth noting the licence requirements for migratory Trout and Salmon is you're going to try catching these lovely fish...
Note.. you need the full (expensive) licence in England and Wales which also covers all coarse fish. The normal coarse licence doesn't cover you.

No need in Scotland which is why I travel up just over the boarder once a year if possible ;)

From the EA site...
If you fish without a rod licence you are cheating other anglers. It is an offence to fish for freshwater fish and eels without a valid rod licence. If you are caught you may be fined up to £2,500.

Sorry, will step down off the high horse now, can't wait to see what the lure is but using the fly rod is the only way I'll ever fish for Sea Trout and Salmon. :)

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Go steady there Chad........:wink::wink:

It's amazing what lengths those pr*cks in the Environment Agency will go to to get their two penneth but ask them to clamp down on the real criminals illegally fishing and butchering fish for profit and they're no where to be seen... Great advert on TV criminalising the angler who hasn't the correct license but advertising is about as far as these use less ****s go. Nice to see Fish legal and the Angling Trust are now prosecuting and forcing EA to prosecute the law breakers..........:-x:-x:-x

:oops::oops: Sorry for that mini rant Chad. The hypocrisy of the AE just makes my blood boil.....:-D:-D

Reactions: Steve Lewis
1 - 20 of 22 Posts