The Lure Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following the previous day's enthusiasm with a Stick Shad, hmmm, I tried it again, just making contact with the tops of weed and through areas of very shallow water nearly 4 hours after high tide. The sun was out and the wind was only very slight and for the last hour nothing had showed any interest in anything I’d thrown in but first cast it picked up a schoolie, so did the second and the third caught a small Pollack. Beginning to really like this lure. Same mark next morning and the sun was more diffused, the mix of colours around appeared more pastel blue and green so I reached for a slim tide minnow of the same hue. The wind had picked up slightly. Flung it out as far as I could into the channel ahead with the wind behind me and got a good distance cast out. A few turns of the handle and fish on with plenty of shudder and felt like a strong one. The tide had been going out three hours already and after a good scrap a healthy looking Bass of around 40cm drove itself out of the water and onto the ledge to my right. Quick photo and straight back in she went, the wind picked up but no more takers after that.

markSS.jpg bassSS2.jpg bassTM.jpg bassSS.jpg

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts