The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to fish low tide today, I was fishing from a bridge and spotted this guy mooching around in 2 foot of water underneath me.
No plug could do this, it was Shad time.
I lowered the mackerel coloured shad in front of his face, gave a little twich and 'BANG' he took it. :-D

Warned him about taken food from strangers and sent him on his way.
P.S not as big as it looks, about 3lb

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nice...silly buggars them bass :) like th eone i caught saturday in the a** i thought i had a shark ;)

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Nice fish there Pete, well done :-D

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
LOL, nice one Pete! :p

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Skinny fish from skinny water! Nice one catching in from 2ft, nothing like a stalked fish. Just wish I had more opportunities to sight fish for them

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
The power of SPs! Off to do some of that LRF later this evening over some shallow sand.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Maybe he was stuck in that corsa?? Finally got free and nailed by some top angling nice one :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe he was stuck in that corsa?? Finally got free and nailed by some top angling nice one :)
:lol: That corsa would have made a great bait feeder.

Gary, there is some life where I fish but nothing bigger than a few lb, as you can see by the pic they don't have any body mass.
To be honest I can't see what any fish are living on, you know the river is pretty dead when there isn't any crabs.

Kevin, can't be easy catching a bass by it's ass.

Tim, it was kind of cheating, no way could the bass see me, but as you said, a fish is a fish ;-)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Looks like it would have been a good opportunity for the magic swimmer. Lol. Nice fish. Do you fish the Lepe area at all Pete?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like it would have been a good opportunity for the magic swimmer. Lol. Nice fish. Do you fish the Lepe area at all Pete?
Hi Ben
I have still been trying the magic swimmer, just one fish on them would boost my confidence but they don't perform here for some reason.
As for Lepe I use to fish there in the old days when I used bait, since moving to plugs etc I have fished different locations to improve my chances.
Never had my luck casting from the beach with plastics

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Always nice to get one site fishing - same for trout! Top stuff!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So history does repeat itself, caught this one exactly in the same way I got the last one, on the same shad and the same spot.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Great fishing Peter! Reading from your first post about them always being thin...I wonder if that's because they are so far up the river there that they have been followong the spawning urge and so are out of condition?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts