Shallow Divers (up to 2 feet) Recommendations | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Shallow Divers (up to 2 feet) Recommendations

Discussion in 'Diving Hard Lures' started by {name}, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Pollock

I am looking to get another shallow diving lure (under 2 feet) and currently just have a Komomo 125 SF in Mullet. I'm only after one other at present.

I have been looking at the 128 FEED Shallow in Ochiayu (#15) and Mullet (# 11), as these seem to be colours that generally do well, but am unsure whether there are more modern lures that I should look at?

(I will probably buy 2nd hand on Forum, as a lot of these lure are getting too expensive new)

:jump:

2. Tarpon

Prepare for a ridiculous list to be unleashed upon you. If it was me though, it's Feed Shallow every time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pollock

Thanks Simon - I kinda want the FEED shallow to score well, as it looks like a lure that should catch fish.

What are your thoughts on the 2 colours Si I mentioned?

:jump:

4. Tarpon

Mullet is a cracker. I personally like Sardine Red Belly for general use and the Pearl Rainbow in coloured water. But tbh I'd be confident with just about any colour in the FS.

5. Blenny

The daiwa SLS r50 fg-ld (I think?) Has become my go to shallow diver this year. Feed shallow didn't really do it for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Guest

Depends if you need distance James , If not a feedshallow & if so a smith haluca or maybe a SLS as Tom mentions

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pollock

Thanks Tom, have heard mixed views about the FS, but feel probably down to how it used. I never caught on the couple I had before, and suspect that was down to me not working it out.

Will have a look at the lure you suggest.

8. Pollock

Thanks Craig, distance not an issue. Do FS cast that bad?

9. Guest

Not the best compared to the competition distance wise but the action makes up for what it lacks in distance. Most Bass on my marks on a flooding tide are within 40yds anyhow so not a massive issue

10. Guest

Duo Terrif DC12 has caught me a couple and casts well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Striper

12. Perch

Ima Sasuke 120=dives 1ft-3ft and casts well to-I never had any luck with FeedS,Maybe I dont use it enough to catch and that is due to it been a weak caster.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pollock

I wouldn't leave home without a Feed Shallow in UB15
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pollock

That is a new one to me Tom.

Sort of 500G

15. Pollock

The casting isn't as bad as all that either James, though they do definitely have a sweet spot. it's all about timing with em!
    If you get the sweet spot (timing) they stack up ok I reckon.

16. Bass

I'd personally go for a Feedshallow (mullet) but the Hokkaido's are very good too, and cheap!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mackerel

Have just got home after eight days in Kerry. I lost two fxc%3ck%%4££&cksntc feedshallows, and one fck£"%^&*%$£"ckwnknts Kommomo. About £60+'s worth. If you find them you are welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pollock

Expensive beasts these lures. How did you lose 3?

19. Striper

Bad angling

• Like Like x 3
  20. Striper

Another vote for the Feed Shallow - mullet or pearl rainbow. There are lures that will cast way further but for bass catching consistency I've found the FS hard to beat. Getting them to cast well is all about getting the right length drop so play around until you find what works for your rod and casting style. They'll also work well at night and you can fish them as slow as ....

• Like Like x 1