Shallow Divers (up to 2 feet) Recommendations | Page 2 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Shallow Divers (up to 2 feet) Recommendations

Discussion in 'Diving Hard Lures' started by {name}, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Pollock

James I fish shallow reefs where anything that dives to deep ends up part of the reef forever so shallow lures are our thing, and my go to lures at the moment are DUO DC12 any colour especially yellow or Sardine, and if you search eBay on worldwide search you can pick these up for @£12 posted

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mackerel

1. Casting; a birds nest went up my line, got stuck, and ping went the Kommomo.
    2. In the Kelp. Leader parted from the Braid
    3. The last Feed Shallow, I regret to say..... the line just snapped. Crestfallen.

Possibly bad angling (yes Barry!). However, I am not going to use Fluorocarbon again.....too many angling pals have similarish tales as in 3 above. And if fishing in the black of night, what difference does a Fluorocarbon leader make? However, I fully accept that many esteemed anglers swear by Fluorocarbon, its just that I swore at it.

However; I did discover Wave Worms, and I strongly recommend all readers to buy some immediately. These Lures have multiple uses.
    A) They cast miles, as far as Hard Lures. When I had my first cast with one, and saw how far it went, I nearly had a premature accident.
    B) You can work them up in the water (like say a feed Shallow), with twitches/snaps
    c) You can let them sink, and work them on the bottom
    D) What else do you need ???!

I have just returned from a weeks bassing in Kerry, and why I have farted around with Hard Lures/rusting trebles/lure boxes etc etc for so long I Do Not Know ! One packet of these Wave Worms and a few worm/texposer hooks is all you need. I'm off to Alderney at the end of this month, and my lure selection is going to comprise solely Wave Worms.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pollock

daiwa shoreline shiner ssr 50 my best shallow lure by far
    i have feed shallows ,but as said you need to get the drop ,timing right for them
    and komomo 11 also a great lure

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snapper

Redgill cranked at a medium pace?

:roll:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pollock

Chris I empathise, these things happen.

I have no issue with fluorocarbon and use the knot HG posted about and it is very strong. Not sure what you mean about using fluorocarbon at night, I use it as a rub leader day or night.

I may invest in a FEED Shallow, but still contemplating.

I have yet to master the wave worm, but am trying the new 4.8" and 5.8" Dot Crawlers currently. I will have another crack with WWs next year.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  6. Pollock

Might have expected that mate. Caught some big fish on that little lady.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Perch

Got a favourite colour R-gill Bill.

8. Bass

I would go for a Hokkaido as well , this one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pike

i find that the casting problem is solved by using the feed shallow plus,very simular in its action much better caster

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sea Trout

Daiwa morethan x cross and crosswake are awesome shallow divers

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pollock

Dave, that would be the Pearl colour I would very much suspect. Sometimes called white as well on sellers websites, but is same colour.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Striper

Feedshallow in ub15 or mullet is great. Its my 'go to' after the sf125.

Beginning to love the Xorus Asturie as well,when it runs under the surface.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sea Trout

K2 in mullet dives 20cm max - my shallowest diving shallow diver!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  14. A

Feed shallow 105 is an amazing casting lure and it's kinda like a 4 wheel drive lure too. I have chucked this lure in six inches of water and just ripped it across reefs and uncovering rocks on north devon. Great wank n crank lure

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sea Trout

"Wank n crank" - lol!