shallow divers | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

shallow divers

Discussion in 'Diving Hard Lures' started by {name}, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Pike

As above had a really bad day want to cheer myself up with a couple of the above will be used over the top of very rough boulders and weed with the water been crystal clear and 6ft deep max,already have a couple of feed shallows and duo dc 12 terrif ,THANKS GUYS.

2. Striper

Maria Chase doesnt go deep and always been a succesful lure for me. I have a soft spot for the Komomo as well and that runs shallow.

3. Pike

good shout with the ima have a couple of marias already though

4. Striper

Komomo got me plenty bass in hampshire this year! Wicked action!

5. Sandeel

IMA Komomo II its a winner!!

6. Banned

Aside from the ones already mentioned, I like the Megabass X120 SW and X-140 SW. The Singetsu Iwashi and HT Hama Shirasu patterns in particular for clear water.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also picked this one up which I am hoping will work well in clear water. Sasuke 105 in Lime Clear Head.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  7. TLF Super Poster

There's always the Megabass Zonk Gataride Yo Yo.... Very strong fish taker with a weak diving vain... This can be helped by glueing the gap in the hinge area but it will not fly quite so well and it will lose a little vibration, action is still a kiler though...

8. Perch

komomo tide minnow slim any 140 200 and dice baycrap nice little lure when they dont want bigger or shy

9. Pike

Thanks for the suggestions guys that x120 that nick picked out looks the dogs gonna get one of them and a komomo 11 might stretch to a zonk too

10. Salmon

Keith,
    I have to say the MegaBass X-120 was one of my most successful sub-surface lures last year, casts well almost suspends when paused.

11. Mackerel

What depth does the Gataride run at? Never did too well with the original Zonk but that could be the types of places I fish............

12. Salmon

There are two versions David,
    The High Pitch runs close to 5' (this is what 90% of the gatarides stocked in the UK are)
    and the Yoro-Yoro version around 2.5' (very hard to find in the UK, and not easy to source the good colours in japan either!)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pollock

Just too let you know pro-lures direct had lots of yoro-yoro's the other day!
    Take a look here.
    http://www.proluresdirect.com/index...&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

14. Salmon

Good spot Nathan,
    Fair play to Prolures Direct, someone getting both versions in and telling their customers the differences.

15. Pollock

Yeah it's great.
    I was chuffed as I've been after a Yoro-Yoro version for ages as most of my marks are too shallow for the Hi-Pitch. Can't wait to give it a try this season.

Back to the origanal thread, I had good results with the Dice Bay crap last season with bass up to 5lb.
    It casts well for its size(moving weight system), runs nice and shallow (down to 1ft) and can cope with a super fast retrieve without 'flipping out' it's also great with slow twitchy retrieve. It's perfect when the bass are on smaller bait fish too.
    Cheers Nath

16. Salmon

Nathan,
    Thought I was one of the only ones that had spotted the Dice BayCrap, cracking little lure, totally agree with your observations above.

One more shallow lure to think about.
    The Daiwa Morethan X-Cross, a friend has been using them this year in the 95mm size. Given his results-I will definately have a couple in the box this year. Runs about 6-8" deep, strong action so you don't have the retrieve it too quickly, casts OK. Bass seem to love it.

17. Mackerel

Ok, So kind of Tide Minnow territory in the case of the High Pitch or even slightly deeper, useful......