The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a shimano baitrunner aero 5000RE, at a car boot sale today, for the princely sum of £15. Whilst the reel appears in good order, i thought that it might be worth getting shimano to service the reel. Does anyone know if they do this and at what cost?
Thanks

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mark, i've sent an email to the service centre and will see what response i get.
Regards
Andy

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Do it your self mate.
I have spoken to them before on the phone and I would have to say I wasn't at all impressed with their attitude or knowledge.
Maybee I spoke to the wrong person.........................

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Andy - I go to a guy called Quentin Millman (http://www.fishingreelrepairs.co.uk/about_us.htm). He's based in Plymouth in the Parkway Industrial Estate nr Marsh Mills. Top bloke, very friendly but does tend to get busy. He even did a repair on one of my Mag 525's for free once. The unit that he works out of does not look much but he knows his stuff. A service he did on one of my FS reels was about £12 I think.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Do it your self mate.
I have spoken to them before on the phone and I would have to say I wasn't at all impressed with their attitude or knowledge.
Maybee I spoke to the wrong person.........................
I was also singularly unimpressed with Felindre, last year I slipped whilst wading at Shell Island and my barely used Aspire 4000RA got briefly dunked into some very cloudy water, and unfortunately as soon as I tried to use it again I realised it was full of sand as the gears grated with a horrible crunching noise.

I sent it off to the Shimano Felindre Servicing centre with a request that they de-grit it and give it a full service, a couple of days later I got a call from one of the service engineers who informed that that it was virtually impossible to remove all the sand from these reels and that they no longer even bother to try and that he was returning the reel. :evil::evil::evil:

Glen

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Toby, will be easier to call in with the reel than post if off to Shimano, so will give him a ring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts