The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Put my first order in with shimreels in Japan a while ago and it still hasn't arrived, I have contacted the seller, and am awaiting a reply. Have any of you guys ordered from here before? and if so how long does it normally take for the order to arrive?
Cheers
Joe

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah ok then should arrive soon, thanks

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Always been first rate, shipping time does seem to vary. as quick as five days once, but normally about two weeks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its been about a month now since I placed my order? Have any of you guys had to wait this long?

·
Registered
949 Posts
A month is a long time. I've never had any probs with Shimreels, but there again I dont think I've had anything off them for a year or 2 now, but when I did it was usually less than a week which was very impressive. If I were you I'd get back onto them pronto.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Give Jarvis an email, he is normally on the ball, so to speak. A month is getting a little silly though. Then again it may be held up in customs possibly?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Jarvis is spot on - what it will be is crappy Royal Mail ... you can go to EMS Japan and track in ENGLISH (hows that for being up to date!) - most likely it hit the UK a few days after he sent it and it's stuck in our ageing, crumbling post system ... I always ask for either UPS or Fedex (Jarvis will do Fedex) from foreign countries now - forget Royal Mail.

It can take a while so don't worry Joe it will get to you ... eventually!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok thanks guys, I have contacted Jarvis and like you said he is very on the ball and helpful and as far as he knows it has left Japan, so like you said Alex it is probably sat in our crappy mail system. Ill just have to sit tight.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Kev ordered some rods from Plat I think it was. They arrived in the UK within about 3 days, then spent about 4 weeks going through whatever it goes through in the UK sorting places before it arrived over here!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Kev ordered some rods from Plat I think it was. They arrived in the UK within about 3 days, then spent about 4 weeks going through whatever it goes through in the UK sorting places before it arrived over here!
yep, exactly right.

Great service from Japan. Awful from the UK.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its nearly 7 weeks now since I received confirmation of the order being shipped. I don't think the order has a tracking number, but is there any other way to get hold of details of it??

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Email them Joe,
I have never waited that long for a delivery from them. Normally excellent to deal with.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Back in the old days I used to order a fair bit off Jarvis and it used to arrive in about a week or so. I about to order a lure I can't get anywhere else and this has stopped me in my tracks. Its bad enough waiting for 2 weeks, but 2 months Joe would have me going nuts. I hope theres a happy ending matey.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts