The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
need a shipping company thats not ripping me of for shipping a two piece 9feet Rod from jersey to hamburg/germany. Is jersey post standard service recommended? Cost only 20Pounds for a max length of 150cm and one kilo. Should be enough for a rod and a transport tube, shouldnt it?
Any other good advice?

Cheers
Thomas

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
the Jersey postal system should do fine its got stuff to Ireland for me on a few occasions with no problems £20 aint to bad i dont think your gonna save that much if any at all......

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I just chose destination as Germany from the drop down menu, cheapest came up as £14.90 Fedex? for package size 150 x 5 x 5 @ 1kg Perhaps it wont work from another country?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Just noticed that price does not include VAT @ 17.5% therefore costs £17.50. If Jersey post is £20 - not much saving really

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I just posted a shukan in it's tube to the UK for £7, standard parcel post. Would think it would be very similar to jersey. Will let you know how long it takes to get there but with the gale force here today and ferry cancelled it might add a day or two unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Call Mrfish and speak to Doug. He does loads of postal stuff and in the past got me some massive savings on stuff going out to Singapore and Argentina. It saved me nearly 60% in one case. They know the new system well but I personally would steer clear of Jersey Post.

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jep, need Jersey to 22041 Hamburg / germany. Think 20Pounds incl. VAT might be best price to get. Size I do not know, but think a two piece AFAW 9feet in a transport tube should be below size 150 x 15 x 15cm, if a roll is allowed. Rod in its tube (does the AFAW MK1 come in a Tube?) wrapped with bubble foil. Or a PVC Tube...

Thx a lot for you advice
Thomas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts