The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many years of fishing our coastline, i thought i knew it well. Dale and myself went to Ringstead Bay Saturday afternoon. On making our way across the beach we noticed an increase in naked men - we were in a male naturist area. We made a hasty move to fishing point , Dale caught a pollock and a bass, i caught nothing.
We arrived at Portland Bill at 4.30pm - later on the wife turned up with our son Billy (who caught a nice pollock) and our tea - sausage and chips, lovely. The wife decided to have a cast out with my rod, managing very well with the braid line - she caught 6 fish within an hour and half. Putting us 3 males to shame.

Attachments

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Sounds like you had a good session then shaun, good on billy catching a nice one again, it looks like he will grow into an accomplished angler eh?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know the beaches reputation well. It’s often a problem in good weather which is why I tend to avoid it in the daylight. The fishing is better after dark or when it’s rough but not too murky and weedy.

That said, three months ago as I was walking back to the South Down car park at around 7.30am I saw a man wearing only his birthday suit and a tiny backpack, his dingle swinging from side to side as he walked down the track. As soon as he saw me though, he popped into the hedge, strapped on a thong and then walked past me cool as a cucumber.

Nick

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Hi Shaun Well done on the fish I had a similar experience with naked people But there were women there I walked past the naked bodies and started to fish Only a matter of minutes went by when someone said hello I turned to see a naked bloke then another and another I was followed all the way out to the spot I got out quick and havent been back

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Tell you Sunday Sensitive spot Dont want to give it away Mind you i wont go again if there are naked men on the beach I felt like a piece of fresh meat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts