Shore jigs | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Shore jigs

Discussion in 'Metal Lures' started by {name}, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Blanker

Never used jigs before, but I've picked up a few over the last month or so, all around the 5-7g mark to use on my lite rod from either pier, beach or rocks.

Was hoping someone may be able to give some advice as to the best way to fish these over sand and also possibly over rougher ground. Is it is a case of cast and retrieve at varying depths? Or sink and draw? Or anything else. Any tips on what others have found successful would be great please.

Thanks

Jamie

2. Mackerel

In this video by the TA fishing crew, they target mackerel and pollock on light Shore Jigs. Check it out, you might learn a tip or two about using them:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Perch

Loads of different ways to fish them Jamie light shore jigging can be an effective (and fun) method. Sink and draw, straight retrieve from ultra slow to warp speed, a WTD style retrieve, let them hit bottom jig them back up in short twitches then freespool back down (better in deep water), just drift them in the current with the occasional twitch. On a sandy bottom I would let it hit bottom every so often as it will kick up a puff of sand which can attract fish.
    The best thing to do is just vary your retrieve and get creative with it until you find what the fish are looking for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blanker

Great video and thanks for the help. Best get out there and give it a go.

Thank you :)

• Like Like x 1