The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a very quick sesh this afternoon over the low. Water quite coloured and full of bait fish, for 90 mins no sign of predators, every cast hitting the water sent masses of fry jumping for their lives. just as I was leaving a predator showed, not sure which one but I'd run out of time so a blank was recorded.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
sounds much like a mark i fished yesterday. Loads of bait fish but no predators. Had 3 scad lrf to save a blank but not what I was hoping for nor what it looked like I could have expected!!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Robert,
Sorry to hear that you missed out today,
Inspite of local rumor, that mark fishes better over pretty much every other state of the tide than low. There is a way to get to the better fish over low if that is the only time you can fish!!
Other wise you might as well tie on the feathers for the micro bass.

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave, you have me incredibly intrigued!!! It's funny, I have found that whenever a state of tide suits bait it's usually rubbish for lures and vice versa... to be fair though it wasn't my first choice of mark but literally had to do door to beach in 40mins to make it worth fishing...

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Actually Robert,
The best time on that beach is the same for me as it is for the bait guys. Also the same small areas of the beach always seem to produce. Whilest large areas never seem to show much beyound the odd small schoolie. Again something many of the local bait guys know.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
The main predators around the hot pipe seem to be those fishing feathers and keeping illegal undersize bass. Not to mention the netters who sneak out the harbour after dark.... It would be a lot better if that didn't go on.

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The main predators around the hot pipe seem to be those fishing feathers and keeping illegal undersize bass. Not to mention the netters who sneak out the harbour after dark.... It would be a lot better if that didn't go on.
Too true Mike, too true!

Dave, when fishing with my old man n uncle on bait we usually head further up past the cafe and sit on the beach directly east of the old poo pipe and apart from a few fish taken there, I haven't done too well on the lure, the main exception being that I had my first (PB 6lb) bass on the popper there! Any advice is welcome... I've done well on the beach when bait fishing immediately east of the cement works out fall at low, that is actually the reason for buying X-Layers as I'm sure decent fish can be pulled from there in surf type situations...

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Ah, you have them up your way too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts