Shoreline shiner R50 SSR Revival edition | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Shoreline shiner R50 SSR Revival edition

Discussion in 'Diving Hard Lures' started by {name}, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Sea Trout

Hi guys. Noticed that Lunker hunter is now selling on eBay the Daiwa shoreline shiner R50 SSR revival edition. Does anyone know if this is the original Daiwa lure re-released or a copy sold as original. My brother bought one and it does look like the original and even the packaging is exactly the same. Maybe I should buy one and test it against one of my originals. Thanks in advance for any light on the subject.

2. Striper

The original mate. They come in daiwa boxes.

Lunker hunter or lure geek as i think its called now is 100% genuine!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sea Trout

Hi Dan. I know that they come in Daiwa boxes but can't understand why Daiwa would start making such a great lure just for someone to sell on eBay when they could release it worldwide and sell thousands more. Hopefully they are genuine but I know from experience that products and packaging can be copied in great detail.

4. Bass

I've heard it said that the new ones are not as good but I've used both side by side and can't tell the difference. They do work though :)

Bass50cm.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pollock

Maybe they're just 'new' old stock ,and aren't being re-made at all?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pike

They work for me and I can't tell the diff either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mackerel

Very much doubt they are a copy - bought loads of stuff from lunker and always the real deal. Maybe it's the same deal as IMA where they hold a load back until people will pay ridiculous money and then release a load more.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mackerel

I get my shoreline shiners from China, they cast just as far if not further, VMC hooks! Catch loads of bass, oh and they work out about £2.50 each!!:mexwave::)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Perch

Link
    link please steve

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mackerel

Hi Mat, go to AliExpress.com and search bearking lures, loads of different sizes and copies, they don't actually call them shoreline shiners, but I'm sure you'll find them some good exrap copies as well, I'll try and figure out a way to get the link up.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mackerel

Hi Mat can't figure out how to get the link up on my iPad:( but this is the one I get in 190mm, you can get them smaller, and although they say random colours, but you can choose at checkout.

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Perch

I did buy a box of lures from bearking - aliexpress. They came through fine, 130's and 150's also a range of other bearking lures but failed to catch bass on them. However, I have stocked up on a rapala ish flashing plate type lure as it out casts and out catches all my other pricey lures, they dive deep but have discovered that the bib can be trimmed so that it shallow runs. Also found a 30g metal that is a great catcher and flies to the horizon. So cheap super catchers are available but as always its a gamble on quality and weight sometimes ( the metals recently look the same as the first batch but weigh 10g more than stated)