The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
First chance to put up a catch report.Felt I should as I enjoy reading everyone elses!
Managed to grab one of the few really nice days recently but could only fit in a short session.
Time dictated where I could launch and I'm glad it did.
Had five fish within an hour on a variety of lures in a beautiful calm sea off a rocky point.Best two nudging four pounds-nice chunky fish.

All sent back to gain a pound for next year!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great stuff Jonathan, well done :p

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Excellent Jon ... what method did the trick for you?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well done!! Very nice fish.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Very nice too. I'd be interested to hear what boat set up you have on the Boat section.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Great to see you're still doing so well Jon.
A bass on the airfloor (as pictured) for me is often a shortcut to one of those niggling little punctures that sound more troublesome than they actually are...yet still bug me. Yours is the newer zodiac though, and I think I observed when out with you the floor is thicker. Cant remember if I suggested a cheap old car mat/ door mat in the area where you sit is a way of ensuring a misplaced hyperactive schoolie doesnt do any damage.

Bass wishes

Matt

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks all for your replies.
Matt,I picked up some of those little puntures in Ireland this year but still haven't learnt from it! I did try a car mat but the little buggers wouldn't play the game and soon got off.Maybe a tray affair with a mat in the bottom would be better. I used to lay them on the padded bench seat but unfortunately that broke with me on it when my son was driving over some bumpy swell.
Paul B- It's a 3.1 Zodiac cadet fastroller with inflatable V keel and a 9.8hp Tohatsu 2 stroke outboard and I love it!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice report mate - I've had similar problems with angry bass on the air floor but thanks to Torbay Council, I now use a recycling crate - add a scoop of water and the fish and the boat are protected. Sorted!
I also have a Tohatsu 9.8 - what a motor! Probably the best small 2 stroke ever made. Shame they are banned from general retail sale now...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts