The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been out most days for the past few weeks and had my fair share of schoolies and lost one or two decent fish. The best one i lost i reacon must have been over 5lb.... it slammed my yellow patchinko and gave a great account for itself but managed to hang the middle trebles on a big clump of weed no more than ten yards in front of me. I kept the pressure on and decided to see how close i could get to it before filling my chesties. I was about 5ft from it when i reached my wading limit..... i just stood looking at it for about five minutes, wishing the tide would ebb a bit quicker, then the bugger managed to free itself. So sod it, i kept increasing the pressure until finally i managed to get the lure back. Gutted i lost the fish but would have been even more upset if i parted with my patchinko.
Also been out a couple of times in the dark with a fellow plugging addict... we've had a few fish but nothing massive.

Anyway, back out tonight to fish the flood... the wind was quite strong and making casting difficult but the yellow patchinko (patty) managed to do his stuff on the second chuck. A nice spirited fight and a 2lb'er was lip gripped, he was quickly unhooked and released.... ahhh blank off.... always glad to get the blank off early in the session.
15 minutes passed then the next contender was up, a wee schoolie made a couple attempts at smashing patty. Finally it managed to find the business end but then managed to shake himself free, it was his lucky night i suppose.
Another schoolie was hooked and this time landed, so i decided to change some lures to see if i could tempt a bigger fish. Lost another wee schoolie on the yo-zuri mag popper before calling patty back for duty...... again he does the business and lands a slightly bigger fish.
The tide is now well into the flood and the darkness is creeping in, so being by myself i decided to head home and leave the double for another night. (i'll bloody get one, i've convinced myself)

Pictures aren't great, they were taken on my phone
Cheers Kevin

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Nice one Kevin. Looks like you have the hang of the Patchinko like. Glad to hear of a few fish mate. We are over next weekend and I have been watching the weather. It definately looks a lot more settled recently. Photos are really good mate.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report and pics Kevin, well done :p

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nice fish Kevin,some great snaps too.Unlucky on the fish but it will be there next time.The bass seem to have given our coast a wide berth this year.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Great report Kev..am going to try and get over next week, Monday and Tuesday are the tides okay?...Fancy another session?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Trev,
High water is about 5'ish on monday i think... give me a shout if your in the area
Kev

1 - 6 of 6 Posts