The Lure Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys may remember me asking if I should move to Oz or not. Well, I'm sat waiting for a plane to take me there for a quick look round. Soon as the VISA comes through I'm off. Anybody any idea where in Sydney is a good place to live? Next question, do I need to buy any more kit or can I catch on my normal bass stuff? What sort of fish should I aim to catch?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Greg,
tackle in Oz doesn't have to cost alot. Pop down to a tackle shop near the water, have a go for flathead and bream. If it is the right time of year Ozzy Salmon anf Tailor are great sport. As are yellowtail if you can find them. Start dreaming of holidays on the north shore fishing for twenty something species a day, from archerfish to barra to queenies and tuna/sailfish.
Can't help with where to live-i live "up north", but check out Motackle-for some ideas.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Sounds great - been talking with the guys at work - we have a few oz, nz, swiss, sa and sri lankan guys through work - mostly contractors and they are fairly nomadic - staying for a few years, see europe and then get back to the sunshine - the weather and sub par fishing in the UK is really getting me down recently ...

I have friends that have relocated to Sydney and Calgary and it is seriously tempting ... I really do applaud you for making a choice that is life changing as it takes big cahunas to do it - even more so with family that have to go with you :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds great - been talking with the guys at work - we have a few oz, nz, swiss, sa and sri lankan guys through work - mostly contractors and they are fairly nomadic - staying for a few years, see europe and then get back to the sunshine - the weather and sub par fishing in the UK is really getting me down recently ...

I have friends that have relocated to Sydney and Calgary and it is seriously tempting ... I really do applaud you for making a choice that is life changing as it takes big cahunas to do it - even more so with family that have to go with you :)
Alex, don't know you from Adam but I've been here for three days, seen the beaches, seen some folk, drunk some beer and watched some footie and I see no reason ever to live in England again. This is me.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good for you Greg !!! I wouldnt want to live in England either ;)
It's an awful thing to admit, but I've been driven away.. bloody druids...

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Alex, don't know you from Adam but I've been here for three days, seen the beaches, seen some folk, drunk some beer and watched some footie and I see no reason ever to live in England again. This is me.
Amen to that! although I do feel slightly better now we have a coalition g'ment in with some tax breaks headed my way (self employed both me and the missus!)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Amen to that! although I do feel slightly better now we have a coalition g'ment in with some tax breaks headed my way (self employed both me and the missus!)
alex, one day soon I will post some pics. perhaps best not to look.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Greg,
You do realise that if you stay there I am going to be pestering you to get me some decent gear and send it on as a "birthday present"....

Be worth a few beers....

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hi Greg
Been there 5 times and the fishing is something else. as to what gear you will need depends what your going after because there is just an awful lot of spieces to go for. Flathead fishing is very popular and can give you great sport on light gear. I would think that the s/p s would work a treat for them and other bottom feeding fish. The salmon fishing is also great and your normal bass gear should be fine for this. I hope this helps. Let us all know where you settle and we could have a cheap holiday over there with you.
Mike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts